Ultrabass BXR1800H review by Behringer

Behringer: Ultrabass BXR1800H

Purchased from: Guitar Center (Online)

I am at the moment using a Fender P-Bass with this head, but I have used a Traben Array 5-string with it. Both get a full sound. I am in a metal band and it suites my style quite well, on the second channel with full gain. I don't really get anything for exess noise out of it. Although, the head does have a fan (plus) not very loud but if the volums is turned down low you can hear it a bit. I do a lot of pops, chords, and tremlos in my playing, and (with the way I have my EQ set) It works almost perfectly with each type. The clean channel does somewhat get a little distorted at high volume, but I really don't mind myself since I am in a metal band. But it can get a bit obnoxious when trying to play clean riffs/intros. The distortion isn't too brutal, I mean it's a high almost guitar type distortion, and it, again, suites my type of music. I'd definately reccomend a good distortion pedal though if you want to get a really grinding sound.

The head works great for metal, and rock music. I have been playing for about 1.5 years and I am self-taught. I've been in a band since the day I got my bass. I own a Fender P-Bass, a BP-180 Effects POD, a Fender Rumble 35 Practice amp, and this head. I play bouth finger-style and picking. I would definately buy another if it were lost/stolen. My personal favorite part of it is the "See What You Play" function. It allows you to easily figure out what to do with the EQ and how to get the sound you want. I chose this one from price (cheapist good one I could find) and good reviews. I also very hightly trust the Behringer Brand.

Again the head does have a fan and I have played in New Mexico heat with strobes and fog machine in for about 5 hours straight and it never even got hot. I would definately rely on this, and use it without a backup. It has never broken down, even though I have only had it a couple months, But I don't like hit it or anything. I have accidentially smashed it into a wall corner though. But it still works just fine.

Model 2009 head. The sound is very versitile to any type of music really. The two channels and the shape control allow almost full customization of your sound. It has an effects loop, and a headphone jack. I really don't see anything that I would like it to have that it doesn't. It has an EQ and the "See What You Play" Feature allowing even further customization of your sound. I very rarely use the Ultrabass feature though. I guess I just don't have a use for it really. it's fun to msee around with though. It is 180W (about $1 per watt when I bought it). I have played Live with the head and a cabinet (300W Behringer cab. But obviously not being used to full potential).

RawrrJammeh
    go and die seriously u mite aswell buy summit else for the price you pay for a behringer. cheap and horrible you get what u pay for.
    RawrrJammeh
    to be pefectly honest there the worst on the market there other quipment is fine. just the bass amps are shit. i had been practicing with a behringer ultrabass snd it decided after two rounds of the setlist it blows, i had only bought it the day before.
    apimpinsnoman
    TheConjuration wrote: RawrrJammeh wrote: go and die seriously Who crapped in your slippers this morning?
    LOL.
    RawrrJammeh
    as a bassists behringers are a pain in the arse. very mature conjuration. grow up,
    6stringbassist
    I'm ordering this bass head, and my first one was defective and blew when I put my cabinet into it, but I have a new one on the way. Does anyone know what this head runs at on 8 OHMS?