BX600 review by Carvin

• Users' score: 9 (1 vote)
Carvin: BX600

Purchased from: Carvin Website

I use this amp mainly with a Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass. I have it connected to a Carvin BR-18 and a Carvin BRX 10.2 Neo. It sounds great most of the time. It gives a very nice swing sound when I run a mic into picking up an SB-180 upright bass. It does an excellent job of boosting the lows on my 5-string, and has a very nice slap sound. This amp is perfect for Ac/Dc and Lynyrd Skynyrd style rock. If I turn the highs up and then turn up the Drive, I get a lot of static out of my 2x10. I don't think it does as good a job on the highs as I expected it to. And when I run distortion through it, it tends to jumble the sound up a little.

I play mainly Jazz, Classic Rock, and Funk, this amp does perfect for all of these styles. I've been playing for 4 and a half years and the only other amp I own is a Peavey Basic 112, this was a big step. If somehow this was broken, or stolen, I would deffiently get a new one. I love it's power and versatility, but I hate the static from on the upper end. The only thing I wish it had was an XLR input.

I can easily take this to gigs without bringing a backup. I've never had any problems with it, and it has never failed me yet. Granted I've only been gigging with it for about 4 months. I've had to take it once or twice to jam sessions, and the amps there get pretty abused, but it held up and did just fine.

The BX600 is a 300 watt solid state bass amp manufactured by Carvin mine was manufactured in 2008. On the front it has the power Switch, single input, passive/active (-10db) switch, and a mute switch. It has a 5-band EQ on which you can control the frequinces of which this effect, or you can turn on the 9-band graphic EQ. It also has controls for Drive and contour, master volume and has a built in compression control. Also on the front is a direct output which controls your DI output and also has switches for post EQ, and ground lifts. On the back it has an effects loop, footswitch output, tuner output, two speaker outputs, headphones outpur, and an amp insert.