BT100 review by Crate

Crate: BT100

I am using a Schecter CV-4 bass, with active duncan designed pickups (cheaper seymour duncans but still amde by Seymour Duncan)and with this bass and I couldnt be happier with the clean channel. I play mostly classic rock, some metal, and alittl blues here and there. I also do a lot of slap which is why I got the active pickups in my bass. The amp is obnly noisy when I have it on volumes above 7 and I have the single coil pickup in the neck position selected. Other then that the noise gate in the amp takes care of the extra noise fromt he pickups very well. If you are going to buy this amp, buy it for the clean channel. The clean channel is great, the most versatile amp I've had or played on yet. It gives you a very punch tone when needed for rock or metal, and a high output for slapping and a great funk when playing funk. If you are looking for an amp only for the distortion, do not buy this one. The distortion channel isnt good at all. The distortion channel isnt very versatile. To get a decent sound out of the distortion you have to mess all fo your clean channel sets up which makes it hard to switch back and forth. Also, no matter what you do there is always a liquidy sound to the distorion channel. No matter how you ajust the gain, shape, highs, mids, lows it will alwasy be there. So if you by this amp buy it for the great solid state clean tone it gives you.

This amp is just about perfect for the style of music I play. The only thing I regret about this amp is the distortion chennel. I dont use distortion alot but when I do I wish it was better, but I'll just go out and get a cheap Boss distortion pedal if it bothers me enough. I've been playing for about 2 years now and my gear includes a Schecter CV-4 bass, BP80 multi effects pedal, and the BT100 amp. I am very happy with the set up I have now, except I wish I had a better effects processer, and this amp just completed my setup until I'm ready for a halfstack or a tube amp. If this amp were stolen I probably would buy it again or just upgrade to a tube amp. I compared this amp to a couple of beringer amps, and a 160 watt workingmans amp. The berginger amps I played on for 2 minutes a relized why there price was so low. The workingmans amp had a great sound to it just as good or better the the BT100 but it was out of my price range. The BT100 is deffinitly the best amp you could get for $350.

This amp has worked great for me ever since I've gotten it. I've had it for about 6 months and I've never had a problem with ti breaking down. I would deffinitly use this amp without a back up in a gig. Since it is solid state it don't have to servicing anything on a regular basis. The shell is sold enough where you could probably through this down the stairs, or fall out of a car/truck and it would still be ready to play with no problem.

This amp is very versatile for any music you wish to play. It has a clean and distortion channel with an octave effect built in. This amp came with a footswitch to Switch from clean to distortion and to kick in the octave from the floor. This amp also came with a built in noise gate, which is good and bad depending on what I'm doing. The BT100 also has a balanced line out for additional speakers, effects loop, a mute Switch and a 15db cut of boost. This amp is 100watts of solid state power, and for being a solid state amp it has a very good clean channel. I use this amp for practicing and jamming and it holds its self well against two GLX212 120 watt guitar amps. I've never had any problemw ith the 100 watts keeping up with guitar amps. You could probably do small sized gigs witht his amp how it is and medium sized gigs if you had external speakers to go with it.

guardo alfonzo
    This piece of crap also has a tendancy to overheat. If you play for over a two hour time period, it has a tendancy to just shut off until it cools down. I bought this because it was cheap....I will never make that mistake again.
    hewhoisbass
    Man!I thought I was the only one with this problem. My amp blew for the second time now recently. This crate is a big piece of crap. I like its sound quality, but its damn embarrasing when the thing dies on me in the middle of a jam.
    rob_bass_man
    and i were thinking about buying that, thank **** i looked on here! don't want a piece of shit do i?