BT15 review by Crate

Crate: BT15

This is one of the most clear amps I have every heard. when everything is turned up it is still mostly clear sounding. It sounds really stunning with plucking and slapping. My pickups kind of suck, but the amp really makes up for it.

I like to play metal, punk, and some hip-hop-esque stuff and it sounds great with all styles. I have only been playing for about 2 years but I use my friends' amps a lot and theirs just aren't as good as mine. I kind of wished I knew how quiet 15W really is before I got it or I would have went after this 50W amp I saw. If this was stolen (because it would be hard for this to get lost) I would probably try to just get something a little be louder. I love the variation you can have with this, but I hate how heavy it is. I would recommend getting this for practice and/or for new (or realativly new, I fit in this category) players.

Since this is a practice amp, yopu can gig with it, but it does goes through a lot. Things have fallen on it and it has been dropped, but it is still working likes I just got it out of the box. It has a thick construction so you can get some lower tones, but it also doubles for major protection of the amp.

Ok so this is a pretty neat amp, it has 4 levels of equalization (low, low-mid, high-mid, high) and a headphone jack, additional speaker jack, and a cd input. It's a pretty good for like normal stuff, like practicing, its only 15W so definatly not an amp made to be heard of a drum set, but over your cd player. I just wish that I could be a tad louder when you have the equalization low because I have an active-EQ bass (I got the amp before the bass and I never knew of active-eq basses).

AlienMetalhead
    I think it's great too. The weight is a disadvantage though, i have massive indents in my carpet where ever i put it. Still great though.
    Urban1ninja
    you think thats heavy? i have the bt25 which weighs like 40 pounds and i used to take it to school every monday and wensday (songwriting class and band practice). that along with my backpack which weighs around 30 pounds no joke and my warlock bass which adds like 10 pounds (not really but im rounding) thats around 80 pounds..
    roundwoundsound
    this was a great amp for me. ive had it around 2 and a half years,and the only problem with mine is that it crackles a bit when you turn it up.beside that its reliable.but theres nothing spectacular about the tone.just a moderately bright crisp tone.thats it
    guitarnonhero
    I learned how to play guitar on this amp, it is almost three years old and still sounds great even with my not so great bass