BT50 review by Crate

Crate: BT50

Right now I use a Jazz bass, and it sounds awesome through this thing. Coming from a broken down burnt out Yamaha 10 watt guitar amp, this thing is insane. It's great for pretty much any style, I like using it for jazz, funk, and punk mostly. It doesn't get extremely loud, but it never gets noisy, even if the volumes cranked all the way up. Theres a ton of variety with this amp, it's just excellent.

Overall, I love this amp. I've been a bassist for about a year now, and it's really my first bass amp. If it was stolen or lost, I would definitely buy it again. My favorite features are the two footswitchable effects. In buying an amp I came down to this or a Peavey, and went with the Crate for its effects and built in tuner.

The Crate BT50 features rugged Ozite covering, heavy-duty steel grille and road rugged handle. Plus, two channel operation for clean/distortion, sub-octave effect and built in chromatic tuner. 50 watts, Crate 12" speaker, headphone jack, CD input, limiter. Includes footswitch. Built to rock! Key features: - Crate 12" Bass Driver speaker - 50 watts RMS - Chromatic tuner - Distortion channel controls: gain, shape, level - Clean channel controls: level, 4 band EQ - Footswitchable octaver effect with level control - Built in limiter - Headphone jack - Dual RCA CD inputs - Crate 2 button metal footswitch included (channel select and octave on/off).