BT50 review by Crate

Crate: BT50

I use a Yamaha RBX375 Bass with this amp and it works nicely. I play pretty much any kind of rock and it does a perfect job. The amp is very very noisy especially with the distortion feature on. I use this in my room right now, and it can shake my room with the volume on level 2. I'm sure on level 10 it could shake my house. I'm sure the amp can play a variety of sounds, so far I've only played by fingerpicking, picking, and a little bit of slap bass and it played very nicely. The distortion plays very nicely, but also very brutally. The distortion on this amp is better than the distortion on my guitar amp.

So over all this is a great amp. It gives me great sound with the power that I need. I have been playing for about one year and I used to use a Fender Rumble 15W, and this amp was a very good step-up from that amp. If this amp was stolen, I would probably buy it again unless I found a better amp for a better price. I love this amp because of how much more control you have over your overall sound and tone. I don't think I would need the petal or distortion features that much, but it would be better to have it now than need later on down the road.

Weighing in at 46 pounds you better believe it's durable. It is covered by a carpet like material, speakers protected by a steel grille, and the corners are covered by a strong plastic. I would use this amp in a gig without a backup. It has never broken down on me and I don't think it will anytime soon.

I'm not sure when my amp was made, but I'm sure it wasn't too long ago. It's very versatile, it can play many different styles of playing ranging from Rock to Funk very nicely. It has two channels, clean and distortion with channel switching. It has more features than I would need right now and a few I probably will not use for a long time. I use this amp in my room and it has much more power than I need. It also came with a foot petal, a built-in chromatic tuner, headphone jack, CD player input, and an input for an external speaker. The only I have to say about the tuner is if you are just slightly flat or sharp, it will say you are sharp or flat until you are pretty much perfectly in tune.You would have to acually use the tuner to understand what I am saying. The foot petal can Switch distortion on/off and octave on/off. The octave feature produces a mixture between distortion and clean sounds, which sounds pretty cool.

kirbyrocknroll
    This amp used to cut out my sound sometimes on the dist channel, but it went away somehow. I think I just overworked the amp.