BT50 review by Crate

Crate: BT50

Purchased from: Centerstage

This amp suits every music style I can imagine, and it's loud too, very loud! even on the second volume, but if I get past that the amp starts popping, which is a big turnoff with me, and probably every other musician, the distortion is honestly very muddy, and barely useful at all, the octave Switch however has a pretty neat sound to it, it's kind of weird. I'm giving this an 8 for the distortion problem.

When I play bass I play funk, and this amp is all I need, I've been playing bass for 2 years, I own plenty of other gear, including another bass amp, but this bass amp is better, I love the variety of tones I get out of it, and if it was ever stolen it's the kind of amp I'd probably go and buy again.

This is a very tough amp, and very loud, the only problem I see that it would have in a gig is the speaker popping from being turned up too loud, and if you wanna plug in a CD player or radio or whatever into the CD input forget it, it goes out after a while, and doesn't work any more after that, again it could just be mine, but if a CD input is something you need, don't take a chance with this amp giving it a six for the popping and CD input problems.

This 50 watt Crate bass amp was made in 2007, with a wide array of knobs you can get every tone for every style of music you can imagine, it has 2 channels, a clean channel an octave switch, and distortion channel, which is all the features I need! It's a solid state amp with a 12 inch speaker, a 30 ounce magnet. this amp is loud, and heavy! (In both ways) this amp is 46 pounds, but worth it.

churrp
    yeah my distortion channel gets cut out as well. i usually play through a clean channel but i some times play it on distortion. the octave and the chromatic tuners dont really do anything for me. the tuner is slow as hell.
    musenath
    RBX375 + BT50 = me very very happy and shadownite i'll take your advice thanks at the moment i only got a crappy 35 amp but i have the RBX170 which is good!! not quite the RBX375 though but i'll get a job soon!