BT50 review by Crate

Crate: BT50

This makes for a very good practice amp. It can get quite loud and below half volume stays pretty clean and deep. Not very usable above half volume, so is limited to practice, rehearsals, and small gigs; but what else do you expect for a combo amp? I suppose the distortion is a nice extra feature, but if you want good distortion you're going to get a pedal anyway. I never use it, though it makes this amp good for dual use for guitar and bass.

Although this amp is no longer made anymore it makes a really good practice amp for at home, if you can pick one up in good condition. If you play both guitar and bass this thing would be perfect for you. The built in tuner is pretty accurate and it such a nice feature I'm not sure why this isn't more popular on other combos.

this thing seems pretty sturdy, I have lugged it around a few times, but mostly it just stays put. It is very heavy almost 50lbs! The whole thing is carpeted. The handle seems secure and the corners are capped. The grille is metal which I greatly prefer and seems pretty tough.

- Crate 12" Bass Driver speaker - 50 watts RMS - Chromatic Tuner - Distortion Channel controls: Gain, Shape, Level - Clean Channel Controls: Level, 4 band EQ - Footswitchable Octaver effect with Level control - Built in Limiter - Headphone Jack - Dual RCA CD inputs - Crate 2 button metal footswitch included (channel select and Octave on/off)

Legion(Viktis)
    I have used it with a Cort KX1Q guitar. Having it already detuned to C the amp + the distortion sounded great to me. I also did like the sub octave effect. Dislikes? The way it cuts out instantly when input drops. I could not get good sustain out of it this way.