BX100 review by Crate

Crate: BX100

Purchased from: SANTA CLAUZ

The sound on this thing. The 15" speaker deliver quite the lows! Very powerful and surprizing loud for a 100W amp. I am often told to turn this thing down. (even though I am a bassist anyway). The only real problem is that the thing doesn't deliver highs quite how I want it. But meh, that is why I have a dual amp setup! This thing makes a good subwoofer and low amp, but sadly not too good of a trebly amp. The actuall sound though, it suits my musical style very well. I play on a modified P Bass with a Duncan Reissue overwound musicman humbucker in the middle postion. The attack on it is quite well pushed with the speaker. When I pic dead notes with my fingers it sounds quite like the hit of a kickdrum under my EQ settings (low 50Hz all the way up with a downward scoop ending at 200 Hz). Very impressive for an amp like this.

Overall an extremely decent amp! A nice sound and very durable. The only thing it needs is a better preamp! I would say buy if you are a (wo)man that likes things simple yet flexable. Though if you ain't and you like it complex, get a few effects and this thing won't let you down.

It is quite durable and reliable! The only thing I quesion is that a little bit of the speaker wire is exposed in the back, but meh. After 5+ gigs shoving the extremely long chord back there, they have yet to have anything happen to them. The breathing hole is located at the bottom. I dunno if ti has a grill or not but this is still smart nonetheless! Stuff can't get into the cabnet to rattle or make MODs! The actall amp is built very durably though! the plywood is quite thick and it is very well constructed. This thing feels like it could take a few hits from a sledge hammer and still sound good. Hell, I have been resting everything but my effects on that thing for a very long time, and nothing has happend yet.

This amp is quite versitle for me. A nice 7 band EQ to mess with and a limiter. Good enough to get quite an abundance of tones out of. Really good for any kinda music. This isn't my amp, I am only borrowing it from our drummer untill I can get something of my own. Before I joined they were a pure garadge modern punk band. They made a CD. And from how it was setup when I first used it and lisening to the CD, I can hear the tone this thing has. It is really impressive that it can go from a very grouly midrange sound that the old Bassist to a extreme funk sound of mine (pre getting my high amp) to a nice soft smooth deep sound (post getting my high amp) And it suits my own experemental funky sound fairly decently. Sadly though it only has a versitle tone. It has zero effects on it. And the limiter I find kinda useless. And it only has one channel. If it is anything this amp needs, it is simply some kind of effects built into it.

Clinton133
    I have this Bass amp, its pretty good i guees. i use a Yamaha RBX375 in it, and it sounds AWESOME!!!. i mostly play Metal/Hardcore, and its perfect for it.
    bbear
    i'm bidding on one on ebay so thanks heaps for the review, i feel a bit happier now i've read this
    Pencil Man
    My dad put casters on his amp. It also has a gret tone for guitar when put in with some other amps.
    TheValeyard
    Thanks for the reviews, they really helped. Bought it on Craigslist and going to pick it up now.
    bssv2
    I just bought mine today, awesome reviews, I'm pretty happy with it now. Got it from Guitar Center for 90 bucks