BX15 review by Crate

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
Crate: BX15

Purchased from: Jensen's Guitar

The clean channel is a little raspy and gritty but im pounding too hard on my bass to notice that much. The noisiness does badly affect harmonics and pops on my bass though. They sound horrible.

This amp is a fine practice amp and I prefer practicing on the full 15 watts then on my 100W combo. I wish it had an overdrive option to it, that would sound awesome on a bass. Overall good practice amp.

As I said, my amp has a huge hole in the front of it and it works like it did when I bought it. Since this is just my practice amp, it's done fine. No break downs or major problems.

This amp was a steal. A great practice amp that I found loud enough for small gigs at my school. The first gig I used it on I went Kurt Cobain style on it and punched my guitars headstock right through the protective grid thing and it sounds the same. Great stuff. Has standard knobs. Volume, Low, Low-Mid, Hi-Mid, Hi. Has speaker output and headphone jack.

Nunskall
    The only good thing about this amp is that you can get some sound out of it.
    TaV0
    err, you used this ona gig? it's a 15 watt amp! of course it's just a practice amp. I believe it's just ok, not bad for the price, still, not outstanding, I would rate a 7.5, or something like that
    E_squared
    You smashed your bass through the front?! That's awesome. Kurt was the best. I really don't blame you for putting a hole in it. I have this in a 25 watt model and it sounds pretty bad!