BX25DLX review by Crate

Crate: BX25DLX

I use my OLP MM3 and my Rouge BX100, the OLP being a Music Man style pickup and the Rouge being a Precision style. It is fine for metal and jazz but nothing outstanding that I would specifically buy for any one genera. It sounds fine except reciently it started to make a plop sound when I wasn't strumming on the bass. It can make different sounds but they aren't outstanding. The distortion sucks. Period. No brutality there.

It is good enough to practice with but it isnt loud enough for a show. I've played on this for a year and it has been good for me. I also have a Harmony 420 guitar/bass/accordian/microphone amp. I like the Harmony much better. If someone stole it I really wouldn't care. There isnt much to love or hate about it it's just an o.k. budget amp. I was comparing this to a Behringer Ultrabass 45W amp but I didn't have the funds to buy it at the time. All it would need is a graphic equilizer and it would be almost a perfect practice amp.

You can depend on it for sure. I would never use it in a show for volume and sound reasons but it is structurally and electronically sound. It has never broken in the past year that I've had it. I could get another speaker but I would rather just save my money for a better amp.

I'm pretty sure that this is either a 2004 or 2005. I can jam anything on this little amp (not so little as it weighs about 35 lbs). My jazz riffs come out nice and punchy and the metal comes hard and round. Those are the only two tone settings that I use, jazz and rock. It comes with two channels, with one being distortion. It sucks. But that's what pedals are for. It would be great if it had a graphic equilizer but it would then probobly be about 100-150 bucks more. The distortion is almost never used. It is solid state just like almost every other modern amp.

proguitarist11
    i don't get it. why do people bother to get these weak ass amps that are so quiet, you have to crank em up to like 8 to hear them even though you're sitting next to it. save up and get a nicer one man.