Bass In A Box review by Dean

Dean: Bass In A Box

Purchased from: Feedback.nl

I was surprised the of the sound that it produces. I use a bass qith a P and a J element and I use in the livingroom to practice. I can't connect my bass to my normal amp cause the neighbours might complain. The box has 3 different settings flat, bright and normal. There is a small difference but I just use it on normal setting and let the bass play a clean sound using the volume and tone knob on my bass (Ibanez GSR190). There is no distortion setting and since you use a headphone turning it realy loud is not needed so there is little to none distortion.

My overall impression is very good. I needed a cheap solution to be able to connect my headphone to my bass, this is the thing you want. It will never produce a sound like a full Amp but this is not ment as a replacement but just to use it to practice for that purpose it suits great. I know you can plug a headphone in a normal amp and yes you likely get a better sound but this will be a lot easier to walk around with and it can be used everywhere without having to move your amp this is especialy great if you have a heavy amp. I didn't expect a whole lot as it was cheap looked a bit cheap but I was positively surprised by it. If you wnat a parents or neighbour freindly solution this might be just your thing.

This is a hard thing to tell. If I don't forget to turn it off after I have used it it is reliably or I will have to put in a new battery in. I don't have it very long yet but since you don't carry it around a lot or transport in the back of a van it should last prety long. I do wish to point out that the box is made of plastic so accidently dropping it on the ground might cause it to break but there is a clip to clip on your pants or just leave it somwhere safe and use the length of your cable. So far in the few months that I have it it has not broken down yet.

The Amp was made in korea but I have no idea when. This amp is no ordinary amp as the name surgests. The amp is about the size of a pack of sigaretes. It has two switches, on to turn it off, low volume and high volume. The other switch for flat, normal and bright. It also has 2 jackplug entrances an Input where you plug your bass and a headphone plugin. It comes with a 9 volt batery and a headphone. The headphone is realy realy crap but I own a Zenheisser D450 and when I plug that on the sound is so much better.

LunchBx
    Why would you bring your bass to church?????
    Your41Plague12
    That was the joke, dude.
    AndyH
    argyle345
    There are situations where a headphone amp is a much better solution than a small practice amp. For instance, with headphones, you can practice while the wife is watching TV in the other room or the kids are napping or there are guests in the living room. Don't forget too that the small speaker in a little practice amp cannot cope with the lowest octave or two of a bass guitar, and rarely sounds good in any octave. Good headphones, however, can easily handle even a 5-string bass with a low B string, and the sound is very clean and enjoyable to listen to.
    priestfan76
    Dvnc wrote: dick in a box is better
    You realize you aren't at Fall Out Boys website right?
    bolezhinkov
    Your41Plague12 wrote: LunchBx wrote: AndyH wrote: this is ideal for when people want to play their bass in church or on an airplane and not disturb others! Why would you bring your bass to church????? That was the joke, dude.
    speak for yourself . . . church is boring, man! if I could get away with playing guitar through a sermon and still have the security of going to heaven, Id do it.
    guylee
    it looks cool but i couldn't read it well enough to get much detail
    The_Man_IV
    there both shit ... how tight can ur budget be lol Save the money buy something worth playing
    flyingmarlin
    keavader wrote: If you're on a REALLYYYYY tight budget I agree with Chaotic, the Marshall ones are better. They have a speaker and Aren't that much more.
    But the marshall one sounds horrible, The speaker is shit.
    keavader
    rancidryan
    muguruza wrote: i have a satck ina box and I dont recomend it. I bought it 2 months ago and its broken.One day stops working!!!! they have few control of volume, only 2 positions.
    well this is a bass in a box so i need nt worry
    muguruza
    Satchafunkilus
    I know tons of people who play bass at church, in church groups, and church gigs. Get on TalkBass.com, you'll see. As for the bass in a box, its a simple solution to being quiter and still practicing. I'd buy it.