Bass In A Box Review

manufacturer: Dean date: 03/07/2008 category: Bass Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Dean: Bass In A Box
The Dean Bass in a Box Bass Headphone Amp lets you plug in your bass, put on the headphones, and start playing. You'll hear the coolest, punchiest bass tones you've ever heard. Has a flat/normal/bright selector.
 7.8
 8.1
review (1) 20 comments vote for this gear:
Bass In A Box Reviewed by: Mescalino, on march 07, 2008

Purchased from: Feedback.nl

Sound: I was surprised the of the sound that it produces. I use a bass qith a P and a J element and I use in the livingroom to practice. I can't connect my bass to my normal amp cause the neighbours might complain. The box has 3 different settings flat, bright and normal. There is a small difference but I just use it on normal setting and let the bass play a clean sound using the volume and tone knob on my bass (Ibanez GSR190). There is no distortion setting and since you use a headphone turning it realy loud is not needed so there is little to none distortion. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This is a hard thing to tell. If I don't forget to turn it off after I have used it it is reliably or I will have to put in a new battery in. I don't have it very long yet but since you don't carry it around a lot or transport in the back of a van it should last prety long. I do wish to point out that the box is made of plastic so accidently dropping it on the ground might cause it to break but there is a clip to clip on your pants or just leave it somwhere safe and use the length of your cable. So far in the few months that I have it it has not broken down yet. // 7

Overall Impression: My overall impression is very good. I needed a cheap solution to be able to connect my headphone to my bass, this is the thing you want. It will never produce a sound like a full Amp but this is not ment as a replacement but just to use it to practice for that purpose it suits great. I know you can plug a headphone in a normal amp and yes you likely get a better sound but this will be a lot easier to walk around with and it can be used everywhere without having to move your amp this is especialy great if you have a heavy amp. I didn't expect a whole lot as it was cheap looked a bit cheap but I was positively surprised by it. If you wnat a parents or neighbour freindly solution this might be just your thing. // 8

Comments