K-20BX review by Dean Markley

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Dean Markley: K-20BX

Right now, I'm using it with a First Act starter bass (not exactly the most quality equipment) with single-coil pickups. This amp is actually a replacement for the original First Act 15 watter, which broke after only a few months. I stick with mostly rock, and sometimes a little bit of metal. At least for practicing these, the amp is good enough to get the job done. Doesn't seem like it's focused towards any specific genre, though. The amp isn't too noisy, it has a good amount of volume and low end for something it's size. You pretty much get the sound you expect, the clean sound of the bass and not much else. For the most part, the amp stays clean at high volumes unless both the amp and bass volumes are jacked up, in which case you'll get some distortion. The distortion, when it is present, is annoying but not unbearable.

I generally play rock and a bit of metal, not exactly great for an amp with limited power output. It's good for practicing on your own. I have been playing for about 8 months, on a crummy First Act starter bass. The one good piece of equipment I own is a Monster Bass cable, pretty much the best kind you can get, in my opinion. I do plan on getting a nicer bass and amp very soon. There's nothing I really wish I asked about this when I bought it. It's what I thought it would be, and I got a good deal on it, so I'm happy about that. If this amp was stolen, really, I only paid 20 bucks for it. I would probably get another similar one, though, to use as a practice amp. I love the portability of the amp more than anything, and maybe the fact that it still works like it should. The EQ is pretty cool, too; the dueling mid-knobs allow for a decent adjustment in the type of sound you want. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it's not powerful, although that could be said about pretty much any practice amp like this. My favorite feature is the mid-EQ. I didn't really compare it to anything. It was just sitting there for 20 bucks in the store, and I just needed something to replace my original hunk of crap amp because it broke on me. I wish it had some more power and some effects options, but all in all it's well worth what I paid for it.

I think I can depend on it as a practice amp. Wouldn't use it for gigging though, as it really doesn't have the power for performance. This is a pretty resilient amp, much more so than its First Act predecessor. I haven't exactly beat up on the thing, but I've put it to the test on a number of occasions, and it still works and looks like it did the day I got it a few months ago.

I'm not sure exactly what year this amp was made, but I'm pretty sure it is a discontinued model. It was an overstock item at Guitar Center, which accounts for the extremely cheap pricetag. It's nothing suited for performances, as it only outputs about 25 watts, but it's a nice practice amp for pretty much any style of music you desire. One channel on this amp: clean. No effects loop, but it does have the standard headphone jack. It would be nice if the amp had some distortion options or some kind of cool effects to play with, but again, it's just a little practice amp. I use this amp for practicing in the confines of my bedroom, and for that the amp has plenty of power. I would definitely recommend something bigger for jamming, though. The amp has 4 tone knobs on the front: the traditional bass and treble knobs, as well as two knobs to independently adjust the mid-range of the higher and lower frequency sounds. Good for getting that twangy sound out of the higher strings, or all of them if you're slapping, for example.

balcones 13
    como le quito la interferencia que le entra a el a parato o por que estaria pasando eso me podrias a lludar a desirme como arreglarlo graxx