CD 200B review by Drive

Drive: CD 200B

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I use it with a S101 Standard bass. The guitar is kind of cheap, so I think the only cheap sounds that come out are made by my guitar. Like I said before, it would fit almost any style of music (because it's bass). I play mostly punk rock on my bass, and it works really well. It's not very noisy, it's just my guitar, I think. Not much variety with sound, unless you'll mess around with the treble, middle, and bass. There is no distortion on this amplifier.

As I mentioned before, I play mostly punk rock and it works nice. If it were stolen, maybe I'd try to get it again because it's cheap in price, but it has pretty good quality. I don't have a favorite feature because there are really no effects. I was thinking about getting a distortion pedal for this, so I wish it would have a distortion effect, but I probably wouldn't use it much anyway.

I think I can depend on it. A few times the sound would not come out, but I think it was a cable because I got a new cable and there were no glitches or anything. I most likely wouldn't need a backup amp if I used it on a gig. Therefore, I think it never broke down, and I don't think it will for a while, maybe never!

This bass amp is just a simple bass amp, no effects, but it sounds pretty nice. You can play almost any style of music because usually bass in music doesn't have effects. It has 5 channels, volume (of course), treble, middle, bass, and presence. It also has a headphone jack. Those are about the only features you should need for a bass, so I don't think it would need any other features. I'm not in a band or anything, so I just play in my room and it works fine there. For me, it has enough power, but if you wanted to play a big concert, I think you should get something bigger. It might work for a small gig, such as at a bar, restaurant, fairs, etc.