CD 200B Review

manufacturer: Drive date: 04/23/2008 category: Bass Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Drive: CD 200B
20W of clean power drive an 8" speaker. Equipped with a volume control, 3-band EQ, presence control, and headphone jack.
 8.2
 8.8
 7.5
 3,034
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
CD 200B Reviewed by: WARNINGnimrod12, on april 23, 2008

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Sound: I use it with a S101 Standard bass. The guitar is kind of cheap, so I think the only cheap sounds that come out are made by my guitar. Like I said before, it would fit almost any style of music (because it's bass). I play mostly punk rock on my bass, and it works really well. It's not very noisy, it's just my guitar, I think. Not much variety with sound, unless you'll mess around with the treble, middle, and bass. There is no distortion on this amplifier. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I think I can depend on it. A few times the sound would not come out, but I think it was a cable because I got a new cable and there were no glitches or anything. I most likely wouldn't need a backup amp if I used it on a gig. Therefore, I think it never broke down, and I don't think it will for a while, maybe never! // 9

Overall Impression: As I mentioned before, I play mostly punk rock and it works nice. If it were stolen, maybe I'd try to get it again because it's cheap in price, but it has pretty good quality. I don't have a favorite feature because there are really no effects. I was thinking about getting a distortion pedal for this, so I wish it would have a distortion effect, but I probably wouldn't use it much anyway. // 9

More Drive reviews rating category latest review
+ CD300 5.1 Guitar Amplifiers 02/12/2010