Bassman 150 review by Fender

Fender: Bassman 150

I use a Fender Jazz Bass with all stock pickups and it sounds good. It plays rock very well, and has enough power. I think the great thing about it is that it also has a 6 decimal boost. It can get the good clean sounds or the slight distortion. The distortion is not strong at all, I would actually say the built in distortion is pretty weak, but I have a Boss Overdrive pedal and it sounds great.

As I've said I play rock/metal/progressive. It's great for what I do. It has enough power for anything. Anything from the backup harmonics, to the blistering bass solo. It can do it all. I use a Fender Jazz with it and it sounds great. If this were stolen I would buy another but it costs a bit much. My favorite thing is just how much power it has. Here's a little story: The first time I had this thing out of the box, I turned it up to about 1/2 and I hear a huge crash and my mom came in because the vibrations knocked a picture with a frame off the wall. It has amazing power. I compared this with the a Behringer, I don't remember which one for sure, but everything I was told is that the Fender was much better quality and when I played both side to side the Fender just sounded better.

This thing can take a beating. I try to treat my stuff as good as I can, but stuff happens and nothing has hurt it. I would use this as my main and not worry about bringing a backup. Nothing has gone wrong, I have done absolutely no work to it since it came out of the god-awfully huge box.

I'm not sure but it's probably around 2003. I like the versatility. If I need a slightly distorted sound you can do it with no effects. I play rock/metal/progressive and it has enough power to do whatever I want it to. It has a 1/4 headphone jack and you can disconnect the speaker and run the controls to a stack if you have it. The only thing that I would have liked on it was a loop and maybe a digital recorder. I use the amp for practice and gigs, it always has enough power.

Captain Insano
    mister bass guy wrote: i played this amp...i like my behringer better tho...
    Behringer over Fender, you sir are nuts.
    bendiko
    lol. captain insano thinks you are nuts, that is owned.
    Guitar-Boy-666
    bendiko wrote: Captain Insano wrote: mister bass guy wrote: i played this amp...i like my behringer better tho... Behringer over Fender, you sir are nuts. lol. captain insano thinks you are nuts, that is owned.
    LOL !!!!!
    VALISICUS
    I've played on this amp. There's not much you can do with it, it's not very versitile. With this amp, the kind of bass you have, will determine tone quality for that anything. Beringer is better than Fender because Fender makes guitar amps and needs to stick with it! I play on a Carvin Bass Pro 500 full stack... Much Much better, even for being a '93 model.
    binjajer
    deafening
    lol marshall mg are brute, but not what i expected from arshall, im glad my friend bought one before i did...now i dont have to make that mistake XD
    MaggaraMarine
    binjajer wrote: The insanty here is just making my head asplode. Behringer could NOT possibly be better than anything. The only thing worse than a Behringer product is a Marshall MG.
    This guy hasn't played through MG, I'm sure about that. Marshall MG is medicore, nothing special but not that bad either. They're just overpriced and people think they are as good as other Marshalls when they buy them and get disappointed. But I have heard that Behringer has some quality problems. So MG vs Behringer? I would take Marshall MG.
    mrzoso4
    I hear you all but I just found a like new used one for 50.00. never could I say anything bad. this was the best purchase ever. amp is awesome!