Bassman 250/115 review by Fender

Fender: Bassman 250/115

The massive 15 inch speaker provides room, shaking, window shattering low end. With the -6db gain switch, the bottom end is off the charts. It's hard to get a good high end sound, but that isn't a problem in most situations. If you're looking for an amp to piss off all your neighbors, this is it. I can't say in words how deep the sound is. You can such all the air out of a room with this puppy. One main drawback is that you can't crank it up too high when the -6db switch is on, or else it will make some very scary noises. When playing in the higher registers, it loses some of its OOMPH, but you can always play off this to make the low end even more potent. Basically, low end = amazing. High end = who needs it? Don't buy a 115 for high end.

I love to play Jazz, but my true passion is metal. I'm going on 5 years of playing, and I haven't heard a combo amp that is as bone, crushing as this yet. Whether going through a school rendition of The Chicken or playing Lamb of God to scare the black people, nothing kicks you in the balls as hard as this amp can. 115's have a reputation for being muddled and unclear, having a farting "rap" bass sound, but this one destroys that sterotype with all the brutal force of a dozen smiling elephants trampling a little puppy dacshund for sick pleasure. When having our school jazz band concerts, I don't even need to mic this baby to fill the whole concert hall with some smooth ass, pounding jazz lines. When walking all around the neck, each note is as clearly heard as the next. I've played out of some 410's, none were quite so brutally deep, but they were a lot punchier. If you're looking for solid low end, definitely pick this up.

I always use it with no backup. It is Brand New, and hasn't needed any repairs or servicing. Most times it doesnt' even need micing, its just that powerful. I feel confident using it, and I never worry about it breaking.

This amp is made just as a solid state bass amp should be. Humongous low end, driven through a powerful 15" speaker with horn attenuation. This amp is property of my school, but my band director lets me play it and I also use it in the Jazz band. It has a 3 band EQ, FX loop, headphone hack, extremely useful spring loaded handles, and the most wonderful attribution of all, a mute switch. You will never create loud pops from changing guitars/cables or tuening on/ off thanks to this little button. This is extremely useful in any professional situation. The wheels are also a huge plus, since it weighs in at a disgusting 63 pounds. Without those wheels, you're doomed.

punkbass479
    nah, i'd go with a 2x10, they have better response and are easier on the electronics, plus their louder.
    noahray
    Have you played any of the behringer amps? They're pathetically short lived. My good friend has the behringer 210 combo, which has been measured with a multimeter called "Watts Up" and learned and learned to use only about 280 watts, not the suggested 450 watts RMS. Granted, when he played it in the school courtyard almost everyone in the school heard the "weird noises." Loud as ****, but both speakers will blow because they are being raped by the head driving them with insufficient wattage. The reason why the Bassman is so expensive is because it holds a 15 inch Eminence Legend CB15 speaker, which you would be lucky to find for less than a two hundred dollars. The Bugera cones are crap, and your tone will suffer greatly.
    punkbass479
    i agree with noahray, beringer is NOT THE WAY TO GO! but the 2x10 is a good idea. try the gallien-krueger backline 2x10
    muSico
    I use the 250/210 one which is louder than this but very similar. Behringer amps suck BALLS man, I hate their tones.
    t3hrav3n
    i enjoyed that review a good deal. he was quite imaginative in his descriptions.
    shanshan17
    bass ownz u : you can get a 450 watt from behringer for half the price... lmfao if u dont care about the crappy sound dude standards lol
    OKBoomer
    I play the 115 cab with my Laney RB7 (300 W), and i gotta say that it compliments the 2x10 combo perfectly...i also own a Behringer amp...I now use it to hold doors open because its blown to shit.