Bassman 250/210 review by Fender

Fender: Bassman 250/210

I use this amp with my Fender Jazz Aerodyne and it sounds amazing. It gives me the rich, deep, warm, bassey tone I need. It can also get as trebley as you need it to. There is a room balance knob, which I normally turn down when in a small room so not everything shakes, but for a gig you can set it to a very deep setting and works great. I also run a pedal board thru this amp occasionally and it handles all sorts of effects great. Has no problems wit distortions and choruses sound beautiful and flow between both speakers marverously. It also handels high volumes great.

I love to rock, I'm a big McCartney, Sting, Flea, and Entwistle fan, it works PERFECT for those type of styles, also works great for jazz, blues, funk. I've been playing since January '07 and this is by far the best amp I've ever owned. If this amp was destroyed, I would definately rebuy the same amp, or save up and by a Bassman head and cabinet to upgrade. I tried many amps compared to this one, but none compared to the EQing I could do on this amp. I enjoyed it more than the Ampegs, Acoustics, Mark Basses. It is basically my dream amp, no room for improvement.

I don't have a back up amp, so I need a dependable amp and ths tin gets it done perfectly. Its tough, road ready, and I've never had a problem with it breakin down or anything. I've done quite a bit of gigging and it holds the test of time. The wheels on the amp haven't ever given me problems liek getting stuck or falling out or braking, either.

I bought this amp used after playing it in the store for months. I absolutley love it. So many EQing options you can channel in that exact tone you want. Very easy to use, very versatile. I play lots of types of music and it works from jazz to metal. The 2 10" speakers sound beautiful and are more than enough to stand up to the lousdest drummers and gigs.