BXR 200 review by Fender

Fender: BXR 200

I play my Fender PJ through it and it sounds great whether I'm playing with the Jazz or the Precision pickups. The clean channel doesn't have any distortion at all even when its really loud. I use it to play pretty much every kind of music and after some changes some of the eq's and shelving and pickup blend on my bass I can get it to sound how ever I want for what ever I want.

I use this amp for everything from playing Pantera stuff to playing it in my High School orchestra and I love how it sounds for playing anything in between. I don't have a five string bass but the dude I bought it from did and it sounded really good for that too. One thing I wish was different though was the gain dial because it doesn't really do much except for make it louder. What I really love about this amp is the enhancement because it makes it sound so much different depending on which ones you have on or off and the notch one just reduces that static a lot for when you have the volume turned way up.

I've only had this amp for two or three months but the person I bought it from had it for two or threes years and I guess all he ever had to do was change the speaker in it once. I'm not really an amp expert so I don't know what regular service and amp tubes really are I just know that its never giving me any problems and has never broke down or anything for me.

I think that the amp that I got is actually pretty old but it still works and sounds very well. The first thing I noticed when I got it was that it had High and Low shelving which I had never even heard off before but they give the amp extremely versatile. Like most amps these days it has a head phone jack, effects loop, line in/out, and a 7 band EQ thats -12 to +12db's. It also has three little enhancement buttons labeled deep, notch, and bright. The deep obviously makes all the notes sound deeper, the bright gives it a much warmer tone, and the notch cuts out a lot of the static.