Rumble 100 review by Fender

Fender: Rumble 100

Purchased from: B&B

I use a Fender Aerodine Jazz Bass with single coil jazz pick ups. This isn't very good because with high ends, the pick ups tend to buzz. Also if near lights, computer screens, pretty much anyhting hta tlets off radiation in the form of EMF it will buzz. Great variety of sounds. This amp works well with distortion pedals, but prefer a clean tone. It's great for just about any style you would want to play. No distortion built in though.

I play a wide variety of music (rock, blues, jazz, punk) and this amp really delivers. I've played bass for three years, guitar for six, and cello for four, I have a broad spectrum of play. The only real complaint I have about this amp is its friggen heavy! Good thing my drummer is strong and carries it for me! But then again, I'm a dainty weakling. Guess most bass players aren't girls, so they expect the players should be able to carry their own amps.

No real problems with this baby.

2003 model. Very versatile. It's a solid state with good tone, beauitufl range, from bomming low bass, to poppy high ends. I play mostly blues, and rock, but also do lots of punk, jazz, funk, and used this amp for the band playing for the plays Gypsy and Annie. It has a head phone jack, effects loop, but only one channel. There aren't any real features I wish it had. It comes equipted with a midscoop, and active/passive pick up switch. There is also a jack to play CD's through the amp, so you can play along to a CD. One feature I'm not too keen on are the lights. There are a string of lights at the bottom of the amp that brighten and dull depending on how loud you're playing. I use this amp for gigs and for practise with my band. It's loud enough for the gigs, though I have been having problems with the output jack, which is most troubling. Luckily, for the size of venues we've been doing, the amp has plenty of punch on its own, without needing to be routed through a PA. I also use it for home practise, even though that much sound isn't really neccecary.