Rumble 100 review by Fender

Fender: Rumble 100

Purchased from: Trevor Davies Guitar Shop

I use a standard Fender P-Bass with standard pickups. I'll have to say it suits my playing style 'cause I can't play slap bass yet. It can get very loud but it does not distort on loud settings (it's a real endurance amp). It can only make one particular type of sound but of course there is the cahngeable EQ (bass, treble, low mid and high mid). Like I said before there is no distortion it's a bass amp.

The amp overall is good I don't think I'll change it for a while unless of course I go to bigger pastures!

I can depend on it for volume I wouldn't need a support amp for it. The only grumble I have with it is that the EQ knobs are pathetic. The treble has snapped off and so the only way to make it bright is to use the high mid. when I went to a shop they said they would contact Fender which they did and Fender4 said that they would not create spare parts 'cause they were too embarassed at how many people were complaining over the problem.

It was first introduced in july 2003. It has great sound and plenty of volume when playing in large groups. If you're playing in a group with a drummer get the 100 watt version, you'll need the power. It has an effects loop and a power amplifier in jack. It also has a headphones and CD phono socket too. Theres a line out three pin socket wich I've never used (because I can't find the connector anywhere! ) I use this amp at folk music gigs and in a band. It has a red pulsing light at the bottom which falshes with the beat you play.