Rumble 100 review by Fender

Fender: Rumble 100

Purchased from: Music Force

Of course for outside big gigs the lack of power may present a problem but I'll leave that to the sound man. Personally I like it and I won't be getting rid of it as it has become very useful, even if I decide to go bigger this baby stays with me. I use all my Bass's through it the main axe of choice is my Alembic Epic 5 String but use a fretless Carvin LB70F, a 1976 Fender Precision and a 1978 Fender Jazz with active EMG's. All of which cover just about every bass sound you could ever ask for, the Rumble 100, produces clear, quality sounds for every occasion. No noises or unwanted humms, pops or crackles.

It's working great for me right now. Will I change it? I won't sell it as it has too many uses, will I buy something else?. Yes. The day when I will need more power and headroom isn't too far away. I think I've said it all. Begginer or even gigging pro, there's a space for the Rumble 100 in your arsenal.

It has never failed or indicated that it might. I don't want to have to think about carrying a backup to gigs and sessions. I need one amp. For one job, "getting my sound out properly." If I had wanted a bigger sound I would have spent three times the money, and got better medical insurance, a back brace or maybe two more roadies.

Built in 2004, I'm used to playing with much more poweful amps, I haven't owned a anything below 300 Watts in about 15 years. I moved to Oz and got into a duo so it looked ideal for that application and of course for practising. I am now still using it to play in a rock/alternative covers and originals band and have found that despite its relatively small power it keeps up and produces a great sound for all applications, using the DI out to the PA and just using the amp as stage sound has worked well for me. It only has one channel but that's all I use. The input has an active/passive switch that suits me as I use both. It has an effects loop which I use and a Headphone jack (useful for practising when the baby's sleeping) big plus for use as practise amp is the phono inputs allowing you to plug in a CD/MP3/tape player or drum box. It ways about eighty pounds (guess) so is quite manageable and small enough to fit into even the smallest of car trunks or even back seat.