Rumble 100 review by Fender

Fender: Rumble 100

This amp kicks out a lot of low end from the single 15 and will deffinately rumble in a living room or basement. This is a great practice amp and can perform with a small ensamble. I tried to keep up with a drummer and guitar on a 50 watt Marshall half stack, playing rock and I had to turn it almost all the way up. I struggled to hear myself in a small room with these musicians. It might have worked if we could have utilized the XLR out into a PA. I don't recommend this amp in this type of setting. The amp distorts at about 9 on the master vol. You'll get a low rumble from this baby but it won't "growl" like a higher end amp. The horn in this amp is very noisy, especialy with an instrument with active pickups. If your near something like a ceiling fan it's even worse.

This amp is a great starter amp. It's features allow it to aspire to more than many comparably priced amps. Not recommended for performances unless you can use the line out to the PA or mic it. It's perfect for at home practice or jamming with others as long as they don't get too loud. I've owned it and pushed it for 3 years and I'm not sorry that I bought it. I've moved up to an Ampeg 450 watt to keep up with louder band mates, but I won't let go of my Fender Rumble. This is my main "home alone" practice amp to this day. I do wish Fender would have included side carry handles as the top carry strap is a bit awkward. At $350. it's a great deal and a great amp.

This amp has been very reliable for the 3 years that I've owned it. I never had to worry about it or any of it's features working. Very solid rig. Built tough and takes a beating. Solid metal speaker grill keeps that massive 15 safe.

Very versatile little amp packed with features such as an active/passive switch, mid scoop, 4 band EQ, effects loop, headphone jack, CD inputs, single 15 in woofer and a peizio horn, ported cab decked out with cool little LED lights that pulse to your sound. You can also turn the LEDs off with a switch in the back. Single carrying strap on top (no side handles which is very inconvienent). Removable casters are nice.

VALISICUS
    eddienolan89
    its a class amp,but i ting i blew it cos if i put the volume up full on it,its not as loud as it used to be and i have it only 3 months!
    bassbizzle
    i think if your gonna spend money on an amp like this get the rumble 100/210 it sounds better, and can get louder without blurring
    tasmo
    i've had mine for a month or so. i'm really loving it at the moment. i heard the 2x10 is better - but i got this so i can use this amp's 15 inch bass as part of a stack if i ever need to.
    ersatz
    i got it used and bought it on a whim and i really liike, i live in an old house and the whole house shakes, defenitely worth the money i think a great intro amp. ampeg for me one day
    Left_hander_nz
    VALISICUS : this amp's alright. i played a behringer 60watt that pushed just as much, with better tone quality.
    dude i had that 60watt behringer and i upgraded to this...
    dc sharby
    I agree about the issues concerning the sturdiness of the plastic input jacks and knobs. One would think that there'd be more attention to detail placed upon them, as they also go through the rigors of daily use. After only three times using the amp, and I might add with kit' gloved hands... the main input jack fell completely off. Other than that, this amp simply rocks!