Rumble 100 review by Fender

Fender: Rumble 100

Right now I'm playing an Ibanez Soundgear Gio GSR 200, stock pickups. The sound is amazing for what I have. My uncle, Who owns a Schecter Stilletto Elite 4 (EMG HZ pickups), has plugged his bass in, and the sound was phenomenal. Like I said before, it's really versatile when it comes to what genre you want to play; you just need to toggle the settings a wee bit. If you have the treble settings up too high, you might get a buzz out of the amp because of the high freq. of the treble setting. I have a Metal Muff w/ Top Boost, and a Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah Wah. THe distorion on it is pretty br00tul, haha. I like the sound out of it, if that's what the question is. Like the features, this amp has an amazing sound.

I play, like I've said above, anything I like to listen to. It's versatile as well as dependable, and just a down-right amazing amp. I would most likely buy a different amp, because I don't have 330 dollars just lying around, haha. My favorite feature it the mid-scoop. It just makes the amp sound so much more like a bottom end amp. LIke I said above, I wish it had an analog distortion channel. I don't like digital. the only thing I don't like about it is that I wouldn't be able to use it as a head and cab, and just add another cab on the bottom. That would be pretty awesome if I do say so myself. This amp is amazing, and I reffer it to all bassists who need something powerful, but easy to transport.

I would definitely use this amp at a gig without a backup, It's very dependable. THe amp has never broken down, and I hope will never break down. I try to be very careful with it when I transport it, but I know if I bump it on something, say a wall, it'll be fine.It's a solid state, so the tube service isn't needed. I would definitely recomend it to a friend, and I already have in the past.

I believe mine is a 2005 or 2006 model, I got it for Christmas 2006 from my parents about a year ago. I love playing the amp with any style that I play (I.e. thrash, grunge, funk, progressive, punk, etc.) The passive/active and mid-scoop controls make it very versatile to play with. The only cannel it has is clean, which kinda bummed me out because I want to find a bass amp with a distortion channel built right in. I use it in my bedroom, and it rattles the entire house. I actually think it's pretty awesome. It definitely has enough power that I can use it at practice as the bottom end, or so I can turn it down low enough to use in my home. My friends and I love the LED lights on the bottom of the thing. We often turn all the lights out at practice just so they can see the thing. The lights also help sense the vibrations in the note differences, which makes it easy to tune in a loud area. Also, the wheels on the bottom are a nice touch as well, they make it easy to move it around at practice. I don't really use the effects loop, line in, ground lift, or CD input, but it does have those features. Overall, the features on this combo are great. Just the thing I need for the things I want to do.