Rumble 100 review by Fender

Fender: Rumble 100

Purchased from: imusician.com

The sound is incredible! By just hearing it sounds almost identicle to the Bassman series, although it is only 100watts it's really got a kick to it and I can be heard above the drums, guitars and vocals at 3/4 volume, even cranked to the max it has little sound change and dosent fuzz like other amps. I use it with an OLP MM3 and it sounds great! I also have a heavily modified Encore P-Bass that sounds very good through it, it's got a mid scoop for slapping and popping with active/passive bass selector to get the most out of your pickups. It is almost noiseless at top volume which is great. However even with the bass treble and 2 middle (high and low) it still has a range of sounds that are very similar and has no drastic bass pitchs or effects.

I play mainly rock and metal and for that it is very much suited. I play a lot of Rage Against The Machine and Muse also and that's were the mid scoop really shines! I have been playin about 3/4yrs with about 2-3hrs a day practice. I own 2 basses an OLP MM3 and a Encore P-Bass I also own 2 electrics and some Vintage guitar amps but I prefer playing bass. Before I bought this amp I should have checked the power supply, it was made in the USA so came with a different plug than the English ones (I Live in England) if it was lost or stolen I would either replace it or save up for a Gallien Kruger amp. I compare this amp to loads of others from Peavey, Line6, Marshall bass and loads more however the only one that came close was the Gear4Music's White Horse range biggest amp which was close to this amp but lacked the great make and tone. I wish it had some effects and bass distortion but it was a great bargain at 208. I love the tone and volume! The amount of clarity even from bad pickups is great. I don't like the tacky red light, it's weight and the fact it has no side handles. Apart from that it's a great beginner amp for those Who want to upgrade from 10/15 watt an want to play on stage.

Despite it's tough exterior the dials and imput jack are very easily broken, my guitarist snapped the treble knob off accidently, apart from that and the dodgy wheels it is a tough amp, it's been bashed around kicked over dropped and has liquids spilt on it. I would and have gigged without backup. You can easily depend on it to perform night after night and it has never overheated even when played all day!

My amp was made I think in 2008, its got a beefy metal grill on the frotn and the new Fender bass logo, the oversized plastic corners and carpeted exterior look fantastic! Also the pulsing red light looks amazing on a dark stage. The problems start when you look below the surface. The wheels are terrible, it needs side handles and is a whopping 44kg! The handle on the top feels weak and flimsy. However it does look fab though the red light can get tacky. (you can turn it off)