Rumble 100 review by Fender

Fender: Rumble 100

I play it with 3 instruments. A Yamaha RBXA2, that's my bass, and I play my two guitars through it also, I have a Carvin halfstack for leads, but for cleans this is the way to go. My bass has single coil active pickups, they are Yamaha pickups I never seen anything like em. This dosent have any distorted feel to it, if you want a grungy tone there's not a knob on here you could twist it just sounds buttery. But throw in a pedal and you get the dirt. And it sounds good. I've done Live stuff with this, without a PA and it filled the house, and it retained its tone. Bass wise I just do straight ahead rock, and for guitar I only use this amp for cleans, or a mildly, and I mean MILD distortion like an electro harmonics metal muff with the gain down and tone up.

if I for some reason came out of possession of this amp for any reason, honestly I would shop around for another amp, I don't think I would buy it again. I actually have a Big Bertha speaker cabinet with a rlly nice 800 watt head, so if this disappeared I would probably get a marshal guitar amp or a Mesa Boogie, maybe a cool Fender guitar amp. Like I said I like my amps to have gain and reverb. I like to plug straight in and get a rockin tone. With my Carvin half stack I got gain all day and reverb to spare. But that's not for bass. Overall I like it, it is an awesome amp I'm glad I have it.

I've beat this thing up, but its fine, its been very forgiving the grate is solid metal, paint isnt scratched, carpet stuff aint torn or anything, I've stuck it in my friends suburban and took it all over the place! Its easy to shift, for its size, has wheels hahaha. I have and always would use this on a gig. Never gigged it for guitar. But have several times with my bass. It performed admirably. It has never so much as faltered or crackled.

I got this amp a year ago, and got it new so, its probably pretty up to date. It was a christmas present, it has a very rad sound 15 inch spkrz and a tweeter, hits the highs, hits the lows, and has the butteriest tone you've ever heard. It just has the one channel, has a four band EQ and regrettably, biggest bummer for me... No reverb and no gain... I was mad bummed about that. I use it for rythm guitar as well as bass, it hits the lows so well that my power chords just thunder I love the way it sounds... Ppl say guitarist Who use bass amps are noobs, they just jealous they didn't think to use the Rumble 100. When playing clean and in a lower register it sounds so phat!