Rumble 100 review by Fender

Fender: Rumble 100

Purchased from: Shop's gone bust!

At the time of purchase I was using a Peavy Foundation through this amp, and more recently a Washburn WB66- both sound great. The amp is good for punk/blues/hard rock, and more recently for myself- funk and soul. I would say this amp will deliver on pretty much any style you require, providing you do not diverge from a basic sound. One thing I must mention about the amp is how damn loud it is! It is only 100w, but will completely shake a venue to pieces, especially through a good PA System. So if you are looking to be bass heavy and get your self noticed, this amp is perfect for you. I took advantage of this quality by using a Ibinez 'Phat Hed' overdrive pedal as well, which sounds excellent in playing stuff like Muse and Faith No More.

To conclude, this is an ideal amp for people looking to step up to play giggs, and until quite recently has been well capable of playing medium venues as well. Basic but good. I have been playing for just over 8 years now, and this is the best I have played at the 100w level for the price range of up to 300. I only wish I could get it fixed! I would rate it at 8, but until I find out what happened to it, its staying at about a 7.

Humm. At first I thought this amp was pretty much unbreakable, as naturally idiots will occasionally knock your amp over or bang a guitar into it, yet it stood up to general gigging issues. However I do not use this amp anymore as it has something seriously wrong with the Treble, which various shops seem not able to fix, or indeed identify the problem. Basically it hisses badly, which seems to correlate with the treble when it is increased and decreased. This was a disaster for me when recording for an EP especially as I was a student with no money. You can hear the hiss clearly through a P.A as well as straight. I suspect someone has tried to run a microphone through it full blast when my old band was doing Acoustic giggs; yet they have never admitted it so I don't know. I would say the amp is reliable, providing you keep an eye on it! If the problem I have has nothing to do with miss-use, then I would be seriously pissed off.

I bought this amp back in 2004/5 after being invited to play a gig and realising I only had a 35w Drive amp! For me this amp was a natural progression to playing small gigs, where band members tend to have a competition of who can play loudest- hence 35w wasn't helping! I'm not going to say much more about the features which hasn't already been mentioned; but I would say it is a basic set-up with not much to play with. However it does/did deliver a good all round sound, easily found with the options available.

tomgronroos
    I bought my Rumble 100/115 in 2006, and it still performs very well. As to some of the people who claim that the Rumble isn't loud enough, I believe it could be because they purchased a defective model, or that their bass guitars have weak pickups. I used a Fender Precicion, Sx, J57B, and an SX Ursa 1, and they all sound great through this amp. And this amp can easily handle any small or medium sized venue..... and fill it with that deep booming bass. If you play in a rock band, and you're playing a venue that is about 100 to 150 feet deep, even with ceilings as high as 30 to 40 feet, this amp will fill it with very deep bass. You won't need to go into the PA system. And this amp is very well constructed as well. By the way, I've compared the 115 to the Rumble 100/210.... and the 15" speaker gets much better lower end than the Rumble with two 10" speakers. no comparison.