Rumble 100/210 review by Fender

Fender: Rumble 100/210

Purchased from: Private Seller

I play a Squier J-Bass (Affinity) through this amp and they sound great together. I don't have any buzz or hiss up to 5 on the volume... Which is loud enough to start rattling the windows! I generally activate the Mid-Scoop and crank the bass knob to 2/3 and the treble to 5. Combined with similar settings on my J, it really provides a nice beefy bass tone.

I think the available settings allow for a wide variety for different music styles for a hobbyist, not to mention I think 100W is PLENTY for my application. I also like having the 2X10's in case I need more clarity. I'd considered buying a new Acoustic 100W Bass Amp in the same price range. However, I found a $400 amp used for half the price. It's everything I'll ever need in an amp.

So far, it's proven bullet-proof. As I can't afford another 100W backup, this is my only amp. From my understanding, the amp was rarely played. It did come with the original Owner's Manual. The only glitch is the previous owner's cats sometimes found the carpeted sides attractive. (I just ordered a custom cover with "Fender Bass Amplification" embrodiered on it to keep OUR cat away from it!)

I'm not sure of the year, but I think it's a 2006 model. The amp is plenty versatile for my styles of music (Christian Contempory to R and B.) and has power to spare. There is only one channel, and it has an effects loop, headphone jack, and CD input via RCA jacks. The amp also has a "Passive/Active" pickup selector and a "Mid-Scoop" feature (which emphasizes only highs and lows when activated). Another nice feature is a direct "Line Out" jack with Ground Lift. I'm not sure I'll ever need that, but it's nice to have. The amp also has a 4 band equalizer for fine tuning your sound. I like the sturdy coasters, carpet, and metal grill. It looks powerfull and rugged...and it is! Another feature is a red LED light that pulsates with your playing. This is mainly a novelty item and can be switched off easily.