Rumble 100/210 Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 12/18/2009 category: Bass Amplifiers
Fender: Rumble 100/210
The ported Rumble 100/210 Combo packs a compact but powerful punch. With 100 watts of power (at 4 ohms) delivered by two Fender Special Design 10" 8-ohm speakers and a high-frequency piezo horn, it's great for rehearsing, recording and small to medium-size gigs.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 5,238
reviews (2) 13 comments vote for this gear:
Rumble 100/210 Reviewed by: whitemanwalking, on january 14, 2008

Purchased from: GAK

Sound: Going through is a Peavy millenium BXP 5 straight in. I prefer a nice punchy bass sound which the amp delivers perfectly with the usual -15~0~+15 of control. This amp has is covered, I'm sure with a better bass the thing would sound fantstic. When not in use it remains extremely quiet making playing sound very clean indeed at all volumes. What really drew me to this amp were reviews I've read elsewhere. To match the reveiws Fender achieved with this project your looking at spending 50%+ of the price of this. I was between this model and the Fender 100/115, but it was the reviews that swung it for me. To be honest it's an absoloute steal at 219, I've seen it retailing else where in excess of 695! So glad I chose it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This thing is build like Lenny Mclean. It's not trying to be pretty but it's no nonsense and does the job at hand. Tough carpet covering, kickproof grill (not exactly going to test that), hard plastic corner coverings. Everything about it feels quality. The switches, knobs and general finishing. Even the casters. // 10

Overall Impression: I can match the playing tone I'm after with no effects at all which makes things much more simple, and enjoyable. I'd definately buy this amp again if stolen, it's great! I just love the tone, it really does sound professional as the advert says. I had been comparing this with many other amp companies offering products at a similar price range including Hartke, Behringer, Warwick, Ibanez, Hughes & kettner, Gallien-Kruger, Roland, Laney, Peavey etc. Fender Rumble seemed the obvious way to go. My only complaint is the weight of it. It feels solid sure but I swear it's made of granite. The advantage of the higher range 'bassman' series is the lighter weights and added portability. But on the whole my amp stays in one place and movement is hardly an issue. Really I would rate it somewhere between a 9 and a 10. only because of the weight thing. // 10

Rumble 100/210 Reviewed by: mtowenby, on december 18, 2009

Purchased from: Private Seller

Sound: I play a Squier J-Bass (Affinity) through this amp and they sound great together. I don't have any buzz or hiss up to 5 on the volume... Which is loud enough to start rattling the windows! I generally activate the Mid-Scoop and crank the bass knob to 2/3 and the treble to 5. Combined with similar settings on my J, it really provides a nice beefy bass tone. // 9

Reliability & Durability: So far, it's proven bullet-proof. As I can't afford another 100W backup, this is my only amp. From my understanding, the amp was rarely played. It did come with the original Owner's Manual. The only glitch is the previous owner's cats sometimes found the carpeted sides attractive. (I just ordered a custom cover with "Fender Bass Amplification" embrodiered on it to keep OUR cat away from it!) // 9

Overall Impression: I think the available settings allow for a wide variety for different music styles for a hobbyist, not to mention I think 100W is PLENTY for my application. I also like having the 2X10's in case I need more clarity. I'd considered buying a new Acoustic 100W Bass Amp in the same price range. However, I found a $400 amp used for half the price. It's everything I'll ever need in an amp. // 10

Comments