Rumble 15 review by Fender

Fender: Rumble 15

Purchased from: Johnny Roadhouse Music-Manchester

I use it with a Peavey milestone series 1 bass, and occasionally oput my Epiphone Les Paul through it, and it can handle both perfectly. It suits my style very well (old school rock/ alternative). It isn't that noisy when you only want to practice, but when you feel like battering the crap out of some tunes, it can deliver, especially when it comes to jamming, it has been known to drown out a drum kit before. The amp makes pretty much one, clean sound, and that suits me, the tonal difference is limited to the EQs, so if you want any more out of it, you'll need a separate effects pedal. The clean channel stays clean at high volumes, so long as you lower the bass eq accordingly, and there is no distortion setting.

I play mostly old rock, and it suits me fine, the v-amp goes well with it as well. I've been playing since september '05, and use a Peavey milestone series 1 bass, and an Epiphone Les Paul, and some old '65 Eros, and it suits them all fine. I run a Behringer v-amp through it every now and again, and it almost feels as if it was made for it. If it were stolen, I would definitely buy another (although it is a wee bit high on the price). I love the fact it sounds good even when guitars are put through it (there's not the usual 'tinny' sound), and that it's soo durable and loud. My favourite fearture is the chunkyness of it all, giving it a 'stable' sound. I didnt compare it to much else, I originall only wanted a speaker cab, but ended up with an amp, but the shop (Johnny Roadhouse Music, Manchester) is great, they'll discount anything because they're not a profit profit profit chain shop. I only wish it had light distortion, maybe a distortion EQ.

I can depend on this amp. I've spilt stuff on it in the past, and it still delivers perfection in bucket loads. The amp looks durable as well, and it certainly lives up to the 'kickproof grill' claim on the box (tried and tested by me and my very sore feet), it's covered in some sort of static carpet stuff that prevents interference from other sources (apparently) it must work as I've never noticed any dodgy noises when other amps are turned on near it or a phone goes off near it. The corners are protected by thick (I mean thick) rubber pads so it looks the part as well. I would definitely use it at a gig wothout a backup (if it were a little bigger).

The Fender Rumble 15 is a highly versatile amp for all styles of bassists. I play a lot of old rock (Queen, AC/DC, Zeppelin) and it suits them perfectly, giving a clean sound and variable tones. The amp has a headphone jack, but no other channels for distortion, but it does take effects pedals very well, I use a Behringer V-Amp through it and it handles whatever the V has to throw at it. I would like it to have different channels for different styles of play. I only use this amp for practice, mostly at home, and for the occasional jam with my band, and it has the right amount of power, not too overpowering, not too weak.