Rumble 15 review by Fender

Fender: Rumble 15

Purchased from: World of Music

I run either a Fender p bass or an Epiphone embassy through this amp. If you have no other amp and use this one for performances, than only play in a smaller enclosed area. If you play outside or in a big area, the sound will be lost. Like most other amps, this amp can shake stuff. Of course it won't knock stuff over because it is only 15 watts, but it still delivers. The sound is not really versatile, and there is no distortion.

This amp is an okay match for metal, hard rock or for any type of rock. It is better when you play music that is more subtle since it isn't that loud. It it was stolen, I would probably buy a more expensive and louder amp because I am getting to the point where I will play more gigs. Maybe a 100 watt or something like that. It has the basic features, and that is all that I really need. I ended up getting this amp because it came with a bass starter pack. Don't get me wrong, this is a good starter amp.

Reliability and durability is great, probably the best part about this amp. I use this without a backup when I play with my school band because if it broke, it would not be that big of a deal. I have a trombone player always mirroring my part. It has never broken down, even though it goes through some abuse.

My Rumble 15 was made in the year 2006. It has a volume control, a bass control, midrange control, a treble control, and a headphone jack that adjust the sounds that come out of its 8" driver. I practice metal through this amp. I use this amp for my schools band. It is louder than all 15 instruments combined, one of which is a guitar. It is a solid state amp with 38 watts imput and 15 output of power.