Rumble 15 review by Fender

Fender: Rumble 15

Purchased from: Long and Mcquade

I am using a Ibanez soundgear 4 string bass guitar with active pickups, they sound great, and can achieve almost any sound you want. At higher volumes it does become sensitive to a slight amount of crackling but by turning the volume down on the guitar slightly fixes that no problem. This amp has the power to jam in a tight area, and is also great for jaming alone, the tones are great at low volume and at high volumes. Overall this amp sounds great to me and has a good range of sounds.

I play metal through this amp, and it definatly delivers. I have been playing guitar for 16 months, just got this amp and an Ibanez soundgear bass yesterday (August 17, 2007). Because of my skills on guitar I can play bass great, I could be a bass player but my true heart is at guitar. I love How the features are very simple and easily deliver a good sound, their isnt to much I hate about it, it looks great sounds great, built great. I compared this to another amp at Long and Mcquade, and this one blew it away, The other was a 10 watt I believe, and the sound was very crackly, then I tried this baby out and it was clean as could be. Overall this is a very good amp to start out on, and is also good for jamming in a tight room, and is perfect for practice.

I can definatly depend on this amp to last me a long time, it is built like a rock. If it was loud enough and I was the bas player I would use this at a gig without a backup because I can tell it is never going to blow or break anytime. All the knobs are very tight, the input jacks are very tight as well, the power Switch is tight, nothing is loose or breakable. Very well built.

I'm guessing this is a fairly new amp. It is versatile through probably any style of music, (I play metal) it has a single clean channel, no distortion, no effects does have a headphone jack and CD input to jam along with a tune. I use this amp at home, the bassist in my band (this is just a side thing for me I play guitar) has the exact same amp and it gets enough power and bass to jam along even when we have 3 guitars going all at about 13 watts. It definatly has enough power for me as I am only using it at home and maybe in a ocasional jam session in the future.