Rumble 15 review by Fender

Fender: Rumble 15

Purchased from: Recieved as a gift

I use this bass amp with my only bass I have, at this time, the Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio. This bass amp has only one volume knob, and it has 3 tone knobs; treble, mid, and bass. It supports my variety of music genres rather well (I play anything from country to metal to old rock). I use my guitar pedal to give it my own sound. It doesn't give me feedback at all.

I play a variety of music, like I said earlier. It has a good sound for any type of music. I've played bass for about nine months now. I own four other guitars and a banjo. Two other amps are what I have along with this amp. If it were stolen or lost, I probably would upgrade to the Fender Rumble 100 with two 10" speakers. My other choice as an upgrade would be a Fender Bassman. I didn't pay anything for it. I recieved it as a gift. There is not much to love or hate about this amp. It is your basic starter amp. It gets the job done like any amp should do. There is no music store where I live, so there is not much to compare it to. It needs a built-in tuner, and maybe a few effects.

I use it without a backup in the cowboy church band. It has oversized protective corners, and it is very durable for a starter's amp. It hasn't broken down yet. It doesn't need a backup for what I do. I don't really neglect my amps, and they hardly ever need service. This amp doesn't have much power compared to the other bass player's amp in the cowboy church band, but it does have enough to be heard by the audience.

This amp is only 15 watts, but it has a good, clean sound. This amp has just your basic features. No bells & whistles. Well, I'll take that back. It has a headphone jack, oversized corner protectors, and a CD input. This CD input has an independant volume, but no extra knob on the amp. It is durable enough to be put in the back of your truck, and carried across town. I play a variety of music styles, and this amp is very good at giving my music a good bassline. I play as a secondary bassist at my cowboy church, I play higher pitched notes, while the other bassist in the cowboy church band, with his Fender Precision Bass and his Genz-Benz amp, plays lower pitch notes. This is the best kind of bass amp to use if you want to add your own brand of sound using pedals. If it needed anything, that anything would probably be a built-in tuner.

muzikman 404
    i got this with a starter pack with a fender bass. not a good amp, but not bad. veery tough. aftr a while the amp rattles alot though. mainly a practice amp
    Wolfsblood138
    This is an ok amp, not great but ok. It "Rumbles" like it's namesake (not a good thing) when the bass is turned up in a way similar to a car with crappy speakers rattles the car as the bass or drum beat sounds. Therefore the sound is not clear when this happens and it clips but not in a desirable (distorted/overdrive) way.