Rumble 15 review by Fender

Fender: Rumble 15

Purchased from: GC

Like I mentioned above, I've been using this for my P-Bass, T-Bird, Bronco, and Tele. For my purposes, it's OK. No errant noise. Plain vanilla sound, but I don't really know what I WOULD like an amp to do at this point. The volume knob rarely makes it past half-way for my living-room practice. I did experiment with higher to full volume settings while alone one day, but there didn't seem to be the same amount of increase in the upper half of knob travel as the lower half. It got a little distorted, but not really that bad... But then again, I don't see much reason to have it that loud anyway.

My wife talked me into finally buying a bass, so we went to GC about 6 months ago with no real idea of what to buy. The saleman told me that the safest bet would be to buy the Squier J or P-Bass playset as I wouldn't be able to get out of the store with anything decent for less money to hedge the possibility I'd lose interest or give it up for other reasons. I believe he steered me right. If it were stolen or lost I'd probably buy a mid-sized keyboard amp for the versatility and multiple inputs. There is nothing I wish it had, nothing that really bugs me, and for $99 (currently), I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if a small practice amp is what I needed. I give it a "9" because it simply works for reasonable money.

Everything has worked on this unit from day one. The EQ knobs work fine with no static. As mentioned, the carpet covering will likely attract your cats, and the cats will win. It looks like the newer ones come with a hard shell. Like I mentioned above, I would expect an amp with less "gadgets" to be more robust for any given amount of money, so hopefully it will continue to be problem-free as it has for the last 6 months of (almost) daily use.

No idea when it was made. I am a beginner playing anything including country, disco, classic rock, jazz, and funk. When I plug in and turn it on, sound comes out. No static or fuzz, but it's plain vanilla sound. I play a T-Bird, P-Bass, Bronco, and a Telecaster through it and at living-room levels they're all fine. The only thing I "don't" like is the carpet covering on the cabinet which my cats "do" enjoy very much. So, feature-wise for an entry-level amp? I think it's perfectly fine; nothing comes free, so when a bunch of features like effects and such are included for cheap, quality has to be compromised somewhere else, or everywhere else. I prefer basic amps for that reason. Bear in mind, my number ratings are in reference to my satisfaction with this product, and NOT in reference the very "best" amp money could buy.

tribassist
    I recently bought this amp as part of the Squier Affinity package. Having played guitar for a number of years, buying bass gear was something I decided to try and love it. I have however outgrown this amp in just a week. Compared to my Fender/Les Paul/Marshall guitar rig, I know it will not stand up but... power is non existent, even touching the eq controls causes unwelcome distortion and pushing the pedal to the floor just makes it grumble not rumble. Taking delivery of an Orange this weekend and this will make a great footrest
    DG27
    The new ones sound/feel/look/what ever really good in comparison... A new review is needed, I guess.
    Flyabass77
    Got this at a pawn shop for about $50 and an ibanez sr200 for about $120. Solid for the price, at least for the $50 I paid. Alright sound, a little bit low quality but still sounds alright with me, myself being a starter to bass. If I I ever thought about real performance, I would get a better quality larger amp, but this little guy could still probably break a few windows if I wanted lol but overall, good enough sound and good for a newbie to the bass.