Rumble 25 review by Fender

Fender: Rumble 25

I'm using an Ibanez and a Fender bass with this amp and they both make great sounds. What this amp lacks in power, it makes up for in tone. I've also tried using a Boss bass overdrive pedal and a DigiTech bass synthesizer and they both sound great. Even without an EQ pedal it sounds pretty descent. It does tend to buzz when you turn it up too loud but that's barely noticeable when playing with a band, the only time I ever hear the buzz is when I play alone and I don't need to turn it up loud when alone. It doesn't have any built-in effects so I obviously can't comment on that.

I play almost any kind of music and this amp does it all. Using a bass overdrive pedal to play some Motorhead sounds great, slapping to play some funk sounds great, using the bass synth play some prog sounds great. It it were stolen or lost I might buy it again but not without trying out some other amps first, I bought this thing on impulse but I have no buyer's remorse. I give it an 8/10 because of the lack of effects and an EQ with more than 3 knobs, it needs at least 2 midrange controls to get a better growl. I won't take away points for the lack of power because, after all, it's a practice amp.

This thing is built like a tank. You could probably whack it with a sledgehammer and not damage it (I wouldn't recommend that though). The speaker is nicely protected, not just the front but also from the back. I probably wouldn't gig it because of the lack of power but if I did, I feel confident without a backup (as long as the venue has a PA system I can mic up to). I've had this amp for about 6 months and it's had no problems. The speaker hasn't blown out yet and yes, I have cranked it up to max several times.

Let me start by saying that this is a practice amp so don't expect it to be loud, it's only 25 Watts RMS. It's also a very basic amp, has no effects at all but there is an effects loop which can be useful. There a bight red light under the speaker that illuminates according to how loud you play, which can get annoying sometimes but I never actually look at the amp while playing so it doesn't bother me. The 3 band EQ can be a little limiting but that's what EQ pedals are for. It's definitely not powerful enough for a gig (unless you're playing for 15 people), the only way to get it to work for a bigger gig is to mic it up to the PA system because a drummer on their own will drown it out.

Pollyboi
    pwrmax
    Pollyboi wrote: I play much of genres grunge,funk, punk and rock. And I have Fender Jaguar Bass. Will that rumble 25 work well to what I do?
    I don't have a Jaguar but it should work
    AlexAvarice
    TooFast
    AlexAvarice wrote: spoken_whisper wrote: Firstly, this amp sucked. I bought this amp from Belle Aire Music on richmond in London Ont and It was broken. I had to have them get another one from Fender. I had it for a year and then the cone gave out. This amp is fine for a small practice amp, but I WOULD NOT reccomend it for gigs, the drums alone will drown you out, and trying to be heard will blow the speaker. As a punk rock bassist, I play loud and hard, and something like this just doesnt stand up to my needs. I reccomend something bigger. You twit, of course you broke the cone if you thought it was a gig amp... It's 25W!!! Hello, you need at least a 100W if want to start thinking about gigging without breaking your gear. My bassist has this and brings it to practice daily and it works amazingly. If you abuse your amps, they obviously won't work.
    Well, the review said it was a gigging amp. I know it isn't, I agree with you.
    musicology
    Save your money. I have a small Eden combo that blows this thing out of the water. Fender amps are cheap and not worth the Indonesian money put into them.