Rumble 25 review by Fender

Fender: Rumble 25

I use a Peavey Millenium BXP 4 bass with 2 straight line single coil pickups with it. It suits my styles quite well and has a clean sound and tone at higher volumes. The 10" speaker had a nice thump at low tone and nice clean highs. I often use a little DigiTech BP50 bass pedal with it for fuzz and other effects, and the amp works nicely with them. The headphone/line out is great for direct recording.

I've been playing guitar for decades, and some bass during that time. I own a dozen guitars and play hard/classic/prog rock and blues, and needed the amp primarily for recording. It had done me very well, and I love the effects loop. I am no fan of the flashing red light, but whatever.

The amp is very solidly built, and the electronics/controls are solid and smooth. Would use it for small gigs no problem, as it is very transportable and its 25 watts would work in a small pub, I think. It's a solid state amp, and has been very dependable and low maintenance, and I think it would get you through most nights.

I bought the amp used with a Peavey Millenium BXP 4 bass. It has passive and active imputs, effects loop send/return, headphone jack, and a RCA stereo line in. Volume and 3 band EQ controls. At 25 watts, this amp is good for practice, jamming and recording only. I needed it for composing and recording, as I am a guitarist primarily, and I am very pleased. It's solid state, and has a nice clean sound at volume. EQ is good, what I'd expect from a regular combo bass amp. I play hard/classic/prog rock and blues, so this amp needed to have the effects loop to give me the variety I needed.