Rumble 60 Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 04/16/2009 category: Bass Amplifiers
Fender: Rumble 60
Entry level 60W portable bass amplifier with a special design 12" speaker, carpet covering, oversized plastic corners and metal grille. Perfect for the beginning bassist looking for an amp to use in low volume situations.
 Reliability & Durability: 7.7
 7.9
 7.8
 9,474
reviews (3) 7 comments vote for this gear:
Rumble 60 Reviewed by: Kirk Hammett55, on november 29, 2005

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Sound: Using a Rogue 4 string on the amp and it works with most styles of music that I've played. The amp does a good job with metal to school band music. There isn't a great deal of variety in the sounds you can get from this amp. I use it for thunderous attacks behind the guitar or melodic interludes that branch off into the bridge. // 7

Reliability & Durability: You can depend on this amp in a lot of situations. It has rubber grips on all four corners and a handle on the top for you to pick up or just in case you bump it into something it's still okay. From what I've experienced it hasn't broken down and is still going strong. But a side note: You should never go to a gig without backup. // 8

Overall Impression: I have been playing for two years and I play electric guitar, drums and piano, and I would say that before you buy this amplifier that you should know what types of music you will be playing. This amp is suitable for the common needs of a rock band, metal band, emo band, a punk band, and even a school band. This amp is something that a casual band that gets together every weekend to play should get, although I do wish this amp had a spring-loaded toothbrush that popped into action when you pushed the mid scoop button down and held it for 5 seconds. // 8

Rumble 60 Reviewed by: BodaciousZac, on may 31, 2007

Purchased from: Musican's Friend

Sound: I use this with my Peavey Grind 5 BXP bass. It is great for versatility. You can get the tone for slapping, or get it for a nice warm rumble. I find it great for almost any musical style. With the volume and treble EQ up it tends to make a slight static-type sound (like many amps) but it is no problem because as soon as you start playing you can't hear it at all. I only wish it could go a little louder, but it IS only 60 watts. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This is the most durable amp I have owned. It has carpet padding all along the outside, as well as oversized corners to keep it safe if it falls. I would deffinately use this at a gig without a backup, though it would only be powerful enough for small shows. // 10

Overall Impression: This amp works great with any type of music you play. I like the tone, quality, and the looks of this. It is great and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a semi-cheap amp for small gigs and shows. For the price range I think I made the right decision buying it. // 8

Rumble 60 Reviewed by: oers_magyari, on april 16, 2009

Price paid: € 250

Purchased from: Mezzoforte.ro

Sound: The sound quality is good, it can blow your ears away in a small beadroom. And it can scare the crap out of your cohabitants. Depending on your bass guitar, it has quite awesome sound. With my Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass, it had a bluesy sound. With my Taurus it rocks. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I had an issue here. With imputs, it has a scrachy sound, when you hit high notes. With instrument put in the line in, it has no issues. I dont have an idea, where the problem lies. It was never dropped, nor neglected in other ways. I played it, once, at a concert (for an hour), pumped up to max (volume and bass too) and I think that may have caused it`s illness... // 5

Overall Impression: I`we been playing bass for 1 1/5 years, the guitar for 7 years, and I have owned some instruments and gear. This one, for the money is great, but as I said, I got some buzzing sounds, some scraches out of it, but if you play music through line in, it can be crancked to the limit, it will still sound cool. But the instruments, played through it, they scrach. At the begining of our journey it sounded sehr gut. If it were stolen, I wouldn`t buy another one, fore shure. But, I have it, so, I'm stuck with it. // 7

Comments