410SBX review by Gallien-Krueger

Gallien-Krueger: 410SBX

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I'm running a Spector Legend 5 with Active EMG pickups through a Backline 600 head and it fits everything that I play. I mess around with funk and it gets a great pop, it's got great crunch on the lows for my metal band, and can mellow out for a sweet jazzy tone. There's very little background noise that occurs, but that happens with any amp. It handles the disortion from the head very well.

My styles have all been mentioned above, and it works well for all of them. It's a great cabinet for a beginner cabinet, as it was for me, and produces a great sound from my Spector Legend. If this were lost or stolen, I would buy this cabinet again because it's great for the gig sizes I play and gives me the sounds that I love.

This is a very dependable amp. The only problem is that sometimes the cord running from the head to the cab would get a little loose. Mine was actually dropped one day and it completely shook the input jack loose in the back of the cabinet, so we had to solder some wires to the input jack that ran to another external jack that we installed. But I would definitely gig this cabinet without a backup. It's strong and gives me the tones I need.

This amp is a 2006 amp, or at least the one that I bought is. I love it because it's so versatile, and with a little tuning from my Backline 600 Head, it can get great sounds from metal to jazz to funk. I use this amp for small gigs such as clubs to medium sizes such as football stadiums with the school marching band and I'm heard loud and clear when it is proper, and that's with only 300 of the 400 watts being used.