Backline 110 review by Gallien-Krueger

Gallien-Krueger: Backline 110

I use a Peavey Milestone IV with a humbucking split pickup. It works well, couldn't be happier. I play punk, metal, and general rock. It's not that noisy, sticks out like a sore thumb compared to a fuzzy/squealing guitar amp, and is never drowned out by the drums. It's variety is set more toward the funky active bass line, but I can still play some very nice passive lines without having to sacrifice my tone. It's very satisfying, I recommend it.

My God this thing is perfect. Nothing about it is major flawed, so quit reading this review and try it out. It's bang for your buck and for your money. I play mostly rock, metal, blues, punk and a little bit of funk, and it has satisfied me beyond expectation. It made me fall in love with bass again, I thought that would never happen again. Go try it!

Never had a problem, though I would never gig without a backup. You never know what could happen. It's never broken down, never been a pain in the ass, and it's just a perfect amp. Like I said, never gig without a backup because amps are good but environment isn't.

Well this 30 pound beast has a 2 channel setup: 1 clean and 1 overdrive. The clean is perfect for just about anything, and the overdrive has a very fuzz-like buzz, almost a Chris Squier-esque sound. It has a patch bay for mix and a/b, a master volume control, active equalization (treble, mid, bass), voicing contour, clean channel volume, gain, overdrive volume, and a -10 dB button. It's a 70 watt amp, so it's perfect for about anything relative to garage, funk, metal, rock, punk, blues, or any other genre imaginable. It would've been nicer if it wasn't carpeted, looks like a furry attacked it.

hiimwilson2010
    looks pretty nice. the review was ok i was actually looking at a krueger half stack thats about 700 im not sure wat to choose between
    MESAexplorer
    I really liked mine, until it blew up. I think it was because the channel volume was really low but the master volume was cranked to 11.
    redhawk1029
    I got a backline 1X15 bass woofer. banging.. combine the 1X15 with the SBX 4X10's and you're good to go.
    VALISICUS
    HA! I've played on it. The sound, reliability OR impression shouldn't be a freakin 10! I give it an 8 at most!
    bassbizzle
    i own this amp and it sucks horribly, i can't get the volume to go past halfway without it getting blurry. there are way better amps that this one, i would say stay as far away from this amp as possible. and this amp is ****ing clicky as hell, and if u turn the bass up it distorts and without treble it sounds way to freaken' muddy. bottom line it's just a bad amp, and mine dented after about a year btw. which is funny cuz i never had the volume past alitle more than halfway even though that sounds like pure garbage cuz it distorts