Backline 110 Review

manufacturer: Gallien-Krueger date: 02/29/2008 category: Bass Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Gallien-Krueger: Backline 110
The Backline 110 guitar amplifier features active 3-band EQ, footswitchable overdrive, contour, headphone jack, and line out. 70W. Tilt-back design. 10" speaker. 1-year warranty on speakers. 2-year warranty on electronics.
 9.1
 9.8
 8.4
 5,100
review (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
Backline 110 Reviewed by: crfowler_09, on february 29, 2008

Sound: I use a Peavey Milestone IV with a humbucking split pickup. It works well, couldn't be happier. I play punk, metal, and general rock. It's not that noisy, sticks out like a sore thumb compared to a fuzzy/squealing guitar amp, and is never drowned out by the drums. It's variety is set more toward the funky active bass line, but I can still play some very nice passive lines without having to sacrifice my tone. It's very satisfying, I recommend it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Never had a problem, though I would never gig without a backup. You never know what could happen. It's never broken down, never been a pain in the ass, and it's just a perfect amp. Like I said, never gig without a backup because amps are good but environment isn't. // 10

Overall Impression: My God this thing is perfect. Nothing about it is major flawed, so quit reading this review and try it out. It's bang for your buck and for your money. I play mostly rock, metal, blues, punk and a little bit of funk, and it has satisfied me beyond expectation. It made me fall in love with bass again, I thought that would never happen again. Go try it! // 10

Comments