MB 115 review by Gallien-Krueger

Gallien-Krueger: MB 115

Purchased from: RMC Audio Direct

I play in a prog metal band, and this amp just fits the tone I need perfect. I wouldn't choose any other brand, and I've played on many others, Peavy, acoustic, Mark bass. There's no problem with sound at loud volumes. No fuzzyness or airyness to it, just perfect tone.

This amp is perfect for everything I need. Definatly one of the best investments in my music career. Wouldn't choose any other amp for what I need. Besides the speaker problem, which was easily fixed, I've had no reason to ever change my choice or have I ever wanted to go anywhere else for my bass' amp. GK knows what they're doing.

The durability of this is amaizing. As previously said I play metal, so on stage I jump on the amp and just go nuts and it holds up fine. Only problem with reliability is after a couple of months the speaker shorted, but I took it back to RMC and they replaced it with no charge.

This is a GK MB 115 combo. Has all the features I needed. Has a jack for passive and active pickups, which works great because I play both. This amp is 200 watts which is more than enough power for the gigs I play. This amp has a horn included which makes the tone unbelievable.

Robfreitag
    loaded_
    I adore Gallien Kruegers. Got a stack myself (backline series) and I'm gonna buy a GT-700 RBII very soon. These things kick ass but I don't think that their sound will please every bassplayer.
    tntero
    Robfreitag wrote: "No fuzzyness or airyness to it, just perfect tone" I'm sure it's not a perfect tone... that would be a sine wave... haha... ok lame joke...
    lol lame joke indeed... xD