ML 200-210T review by Genz Benz

Genz Benz: ML 200-210T

Purchased from: Local Music Store

I have many basses that I've used with this amp; LTD, Cort, Dean, Ibanez, Rogue, I've owned a few. Like I said above, it fits just about any musical style. This amp rarely distorts, unless the gain is pegged and you start working the master volume up. I usually play with the gain on 6 so I don't have to worry about this. Very versatile amp with the active EQ, if you bypass the active EQ (via the button on the front) the amp is a little louder, but you lose the versatility of the EQ.

Perfect for rock, punk, metal; but this amp is very versatile and I see no reason why it wouldn't work for just about anything. I've been playing bass for 10 years and this is the only amp I currently own. If it were lost or stolen, I would definitely consider buying another since I'm so used to it. I compared it to a couple of GK and Ampeg combos that were a little more pricey than this one. It would be nice if this thing had a better handle... or casters. it's fairly heavy, and since it's shaped like a monitor (so you can kick it back and aim it up at your face), it's a little awkward to carry sometimes.

I have depended on this amp many times without a backup and it has yet to fail me. After owning it for over 5 years now, I think it's finally about to blow a speaker. It makes a subtle squeaking noise at high volumes. But for what I paid, and all the use I've gotten out of it, I'd say if it died today I would be happy with it overall.

I've owned this amp for a number of years now, and I can say that it's been well worth the money. I've been in many different bands with this amp, playing punk to hard rock to metal and it will do all of them with no problems. It comes equipped with a single channel, effects loop, and an active EQ section. This amp has always given me the volume I've needed, it also has an extension cab output (and a Switch to go from bridged to mono) so you can add a cabinet to get a fuller sound. The amp also has a tuner output on the front of the amp, which comes in handy quite often.