ML 200-210T Review

manufacturer: Genz Benz date: 12/03/2008 category: Bass Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Genz Benz: ML 200-210T
This model has been designed to deliver the popular 2x10" and bullet tweeter tone that many bassists prefer but in a compact and affordable package. The ML 200-210T produces a tight, punchy response with plenty of mid definition and clarity. Our "Edge-Lift" handles make this an easy combo to transport.
 Features: 9.5
 9.9
 1,860
reviews (2) user comments vote for this gear:
ML 200-210T Reviewed by: hhr, on july 30, 2007

Purchased from: Mass Street Music

Sound: I have a variety of basses..ranging from a Dean ML to a Cort 6-string w/ a Bartolini pickup and they all sound great through this amp. This amp will handle whatever you can throw at it. I mainly play rock music, but I'm sure this amp could be used for just about any music under the sun. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have never had a problem with this amp and like I said; I've had it for over 5 years now and have played it just about everyday. I've never had to have it serviced or anything. Overall, it's just a great amp and I have no major complaints with it although if I have/had the money at the time, I would have bought an Ampeg head and cab because nothing compares to them. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock and metal music, and this amp is perfect. I've been playing for 7 years now and I own many basses but only this amp. I have no complaints about this amp, other than the power. 300 watts is a lot for a guitar amp, but most bass amps use a lot more but the times I've used it live (other than just jamming with friends) it's been great. // 10

ML 200-210T Reviewed by: eyebanez333, on december 03, 2008

Purchased from: Local Music Store

Sound: I have many basses that I've used with this amp; LTD, Cort, Dean, Ibanez, Rogue, I've owned a few. Like I said above, it fits just about any musical style. This amp rarely distorts, unless the gain is pegged and you start working the master volume up. I usually play with the gain on 6 so I don't have to worry about this. Very versatile amp with the active EQ, if you bypass the active EQ (via the button on the front) the amp is a little louder, but you lose the versatility of the EQ. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have depended on this amp many times without a backup and it has yet to fail me. After owning it for over 5 years now, I think it's finally about to blow a speaker. It makes a subtle squeaking noise at high volumes. But for what I paid, and all the use I've gotten out of it, I'd say if it died today I would be happy with it overall. // 10

Overall Impression: Perfect for rock, punk, metal; but this amp is very versatile and I see no reason why it wouldn't work for just about anything. I've been playing bass for 10 years and this is the only amp I currently own. If it were lost or stolen, I would definitely consider buying another since I'm so used to it. I compared it to a couple of GK and Ampeg combos that were a little more pricey than this one. It would be nice if this thing had a better handle... or casters. it's fairly heavy, and since it's shaped like a monitor (so you can kick it back and aim it up at your face), it's a little awkward to carry sometimes. // 10

Comments