HBW-150 review by Harley Benton

Harley Benton: HBW-150

Price paid: € 195

Purchased from: Thomann.de

I use a 2004 Fender P-Bass, my music style is Indie, funk, jazz, punk, alt and bit of metal it suits all them but the metal, there's weird noise/hiss off this amp, this is your basic bass amp nothing special no special settings or anything, not much, but still there is a nice tone off this amp, this can get really loud without any weird noise but when you turn this right up it makes more of a thump than a distorted noise, no distortion I use a bigg muff through this and sounds great.

I've been playing 2 years now, I wish I had asked did this amp have distortion when I bought I thought it would have, if this was stolen I wouldn't bother buying it again its too boring, I love that it does the job and was cheap and has never gave me any bad problems, I hate its name and lack of settings, I chose this cause I needed a loud amp (over 100 watts) that was cheap, I think I expected worse from this amp, for a Harley Benton this isnt that bad of an amp.

This amps too big it really annoying cause its really heavy it weights more than 30kg, but I can depend on it I've used it 4 times live in the past year and let a few other bassists use it they had no problems, its also really strong I've never dropped it mainly cause its too big but I use it as a seat alot so durable.

150Watts , 15" speaker, wedge enclosure, 3-band EQ, 7-band graphic EQ, built-in compressor, bright/boost switch, active/passive inputs, headphone output, aux input (phono), preamp output, amp input, effects loop. Dimensions: 622 x 420 x 653mm. Weight: 31.2kg No different settings, this amp has great power. Just basic combo amp set up, could use some wheels.

Iwanka Lott
    I bought a Harley Benton HBW-150 new for my teenage son. It burnt out twice, first time at two weeks old, second time at six months old. It appears to have no circuit protection, no overload protection, no overheat protection and no cutout or fuse other than the one in the plug, I am returning it now but do not want it back because in our experience, it might set fire to my house!
    Jordanelpaco
    Man I had mine for about a year and practised with a band even used it too gig a few times never gave me problems man