HBW-150 Review

manufacturer: Harley Benton date: 06/29/2010 category: Bass Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Harley Benton: HBW-150
No different settings, this amp has great power. Just basic combo amp set up, could use some wheels.
 7.1
 7.8
 6.4
 3,302
review (1) pictures (4) 2 comments vote for this gear:
HBW-150 Reviewed by: Jordanelpaco, on june 29, 2010

Price paid: € 195

Purchased from: Thomann.de

Sound: I use a 2004 Fender P-Bass, my music style is Indie, funk, jazz, punk, alt and bit of metal it suits all them but the metal, there's weird noise/hiss off this amp, this is your basic bass amp nothing special no special settings or anything, not much, but still there is a nice tone off this amp, this can get really loud without any weird noise but when you turn this right up it makes more of a thump than a distorted noise, no distortion I use a bigg muff through this and sounds great. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This amps too big it really annoying cause its really heavy it weights more than 30kg, but I can depend on it I've used it 4 times live in the past year and let a few other bassists use it they had no problems, its also really strong I've never dropped it mainly cause its too big but I use it as a seat alot so durable. // 9

Overall Impression: I've been playing 2 years now, I wish I had asked did this amp have distortion when I bought I thought it would have, if this was stolen I wouldn't bother buying it again its too boring, I love that it does the job and was cheap and has never gave me any bad problems, I hate its name and lack of settings, I chose this cause I needed a loud amp (over 100 watts) that was cheap, I think I expected worse from this amp, for a Harley Benton this isnt that bad of an amp. // 9

Comments