7000 review by Hartke

Hartke: 7000

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

The sound on this amp goes from transparant to heavily effected with the compressor and equalization. The sound is always crystal clear whether you use the tube preamp, the solid state preamp, or any combination of the two. The tube preamp gives this amp a very smooth tone reminiscent of the early amps. The power options, mono and biamp, allow for excellent sound shaping when used in conjunction with good speakers.

Overall this amp is a top notch choice for the serious player. If you want to buy just one more amp for the rest of your life, this would the the amp to couple up with. I have been playing bass for 18 years now and when I purchased this amp I was hoping it would be the one I'd have for the rest of my life. I've now owned it almost 5 years and it has fit the bill to a T.

The only problem I have ever had with this amp has been the power switch being stuck in the on position. This has happened to me twice since I have owned and it and I have decided to control the power through a power conditioner/switch so it is not really a problem anymore.

I bought this amp in 2000 and have had it ever since. This is by far the most versatile bass amp I have ever played. I typically play rock music but jam with country, punk, or anyone else that likes to have a good time playing music and it has proved outstanding for all genres. It has inputs for active and passive basses, low impedance output with ground lift, and a rear panel effects send and return that can be set to be pre or post the equalizer. The simple to use front panel compressor/limiter is good enough to pass for most bassists and aids in shaping the sound very nicely. The front panel includes both a parametric as well as graphic equalizer which both work magnificently.

King Nothin
    now i know this is a very old thread but i would like to say i agree with you on mearly all of it i think the amp is ace apart from the quality of the knobs on the front there a bit loose