B150 Review

manufacturer: Hartke date: 09/06/2007 category: Bass Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Hartke: B150
A great practice amp, the B150 features a 6.5"driver that sounds full and punchy despite its compact size. It is driven by a 15 Watt amp and includes a 3-band EQ, an effects loop and line and headphone outputs.
 7.2
 7.8
 6.6
 3,748
review (1) 7 comments vote for this gear:
B150 Reviewed by: Bullet-Rule, on september 06, 2007

Sound: I am using this amplifier with a Hartke bass (that I received in the same pack). On the bass there is a bridge J pickup and a neck P pickup. The amp suits a lot of music styles including metal (which is what I mainly play). The sound is very punchy and with the right EQ settings this makes for a very nice practice amp. On the downside this amp, or it's the bass pickups, buzzes quite noisily when I need high mids and highs on the EQ. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I would never try to gig with this amp, seen as though it's only a 15W but I can depend on it in small jamming sessions or practice. It can be heard over drums which is quite a feat for a small 15W bass amp. The amp has never broken down after 1 years and I will continue to use it as a practice amp until I get a bigger one (for gigs). // 8

Overall Impression: I have been playing bass for 1 year now and I received this amp in a pack with a Hartke bass. Considering the bass is very average sounding the amp shows it in a good light. The sound is crisp and quite punchy for a practice amp and ideal for metal. The EQ is sufficient for me, as I only use it to practice and the inclusion of a headphones port is a great feature. In the same price range I would say that this Hartke bass amp is a contender for the best bass practice amp out there. If it was lost or stolen the chances are I would get this again. For a practice amp I couldn't really ask for many more features. // 8

More Hartke reviews rating category latest review
+ Bass Attack VXL 7.6 Bass Effects 11/29/2012