HA4000 Review

Hartke: HA4000
 Ease of Use: 10
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
HA4000 Reviewed by: danehales97, on october 22, 2016

Ease of Use: This head can be plugged in and will sound great right off the bat. With a few minutes of messing with the settings on the head you will easily find a sound that works for you and/or your band. You can find a manual for the Hartke HA4000 by searching on Google. Any player no matter how much experience they have will be able to work the settings on this amp. The amp also includes two inputs which means you can hook the head up to different cabinets. The heads settings allow you to adjust more than just regular EQ but also allows you to alter shape, intensity, frequency etc. // 10

Sound: It has worked well for me playing with a deathcore group. It can handle its own with a guitarist using a 4X12 cab, a drummer and a vocalist. The biggest complaint I have about the Hartke HA4000 is that it clips very easily when I have the high EQ setting up on my bass and on the amp itself. After playing a show I had someone who watched the show come up to me and ask what distortion pedal I was using. This came as a great surprise to me as I did not use a distortion pedal. This is disappointing because the amp sounds fine at lower volumes but it is hard to hear yourself while playing a gig. It has a great tone and sound, but I would try it out before buying as it will fit some bassists better than others. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I have played multiple shows with this head and it has always come through for me; even if it weighs more than I would like. You wont have to worry about the head overheating as it does have a fan built inside of it, even with the fan however the head can still get very hot if it is on while not being used. This thing was beat up before I even got my hands on it but despite its looks it does what you need which is make you loud! This head doesn't feel cheap at all, it's a solid piece of equipment at an excellent price. // 9

Overall Impression: The Hartke HA4000 head is a solid, durable piece of equipment that won't let you down at a show. There are much better options to choose from, but, at the price you can get this head it can't be beat for value. I would recommend this head to anyone who needs a solid backup or someone looking to play small venues and doesn't want to kill their wallet. This is my first amp purchase that was not a combo and I am very pleased. I have been a long time Hartke fan since my early days of playing and they haven't disappointed me yet! // 7

Comments