HA 2000 review by Hartke

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

I play a Custom P-bass, and a DeArmond pilot bass. I play in a punk band, but i also play alot of rock, swing, jazz, and funk. I send the Hartke HA2000 through an Ampeq SVT-480, and it sounds quite good. If you turn both pre-amps up to around ten it started to distort, but it usually isnt up that high.

I have been playing for a couple years now, and I have played through many many amps and this was the best for the buck, though if you gig alot i would recomend getting a high with an di out. I also own Crate combo and this blows it away. Its a very loud amp, running at 140 watts at 8 ohms (200 watts at 4 ohms) i have never turned up past 5 and i have played at a 1000+ seat auditorium, with 2 guitarists with Marshall stacks and a drummer.

This ampis very reliable, I have gigged without a back up many times, something i couldnt do with my old Crate combo. I has never broken down, and i dont think it ever will.

This was my first head, it was made in 2001. Very versitile, if you like punchy, deep, treble boost, slappy, or anything else. This amp can shape any sound. It has one channel being a bass amp. It has an effects loop, 200 watts, 7 band graphic eq, lo contor, and hi contor, and 2 pre amps, tube and solid state. The tube side is quite warm, but a little quieter. I have gigged with it about 7 times. The only bad aspects are, that there isnt a direct out, and it is in a metal chassi that easily scratches.

aday1225
    When did Hartke start making this all head all solid-state? All of the ads for this I see say that it has a "tube emulation" preamp. I owned one about 10 yrs ago and I know that had an actual tube inside(I looked). I was thinking about getting another one but now I may look elsewhere.